Black
    2002 Trans Am

Front Upper & Lower Control Arm Recommendations

OK everyone, time to weigh in. I'm going to install upper and lower CA within a few weeks and need to know which manufacturer is the best. I've got a 2002 T/A that I have lowered. Any suggestions, advice, do's/don'ts, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Life In The Fast Lane..!! redracer1's Avatar

Brickyard 400 Trac Car#10
    35th Camaro SS/LE Vert

Besides my Koni shocks, Strano springs & sway bars all other mods are UMI, great quality made right here in the USA..!!

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Thanks. I've heard a lot of great things about UMI's quality & price. And you're right, MADE IN AMERICA, is worth some extra "brownie points". As for the A-Arms, did you install the adjustable upper CA or non-adjustable, if you don't mind me asking. Just trying to get educated before I drop the $$$ on these parts.

silver
    2000 formula

i have spohn uppers......adjustable.....next will have spohn lowers......with del sphere bushings......me likes em

Black
    2002 Trans Am

I'm a fan of Spohn products, but for some reason their A-Arms won't work with KYB Shocks per their webpage, which I have. Not sure why??????

Quote Originally Posted by redracer1 View Post
    Besides my Koni shocks, Strano springs & sway bars all other mods are UMI, great quality made right here in the USA..!!
    Hello
    Thanks for suggesting UMI Performance! Like mentioned above we do offer 2 different versions of uppers and lower front A Arms. We offer both non and adjustable upper A Arms. And as far as the lowers go we offer both a street friendly version which is 2305 and a more of a race version which is 2300. And once again thanks for considering UMI Performance. When you purchase from us you not only get a great quality product that is made right here in the USA. But your getting excellent Customer Service and Tech Support. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
    Thanks
    Brad

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

If your car is lowered, you might want to consider the adjustable LCA's. With adjustables, you can recenter the wheel in the wheel well if that is currently a problem you have.

Also, you may want to consider an adjustable PHB to recenter the rear end which also shifts to one side after lowering. It also makes the rear-end feel a lot more stable.

I've heard nothing but positive feedback from everyone who uses UMI. I have a few of their pieces and the quality is top notch.

White
    1998 Trans Am

UMI great products and best prices
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

black
    1999 camaro SS

I bought adj. lower arms and non adj. upper arms from umi.

i was considering at first going with bmr and when I was looking on their site it said something about adj. upper arms only being for drag and not suggested for street. I don't really know why that is though but it's the reason I went with non adj. uppers when I did decide to buy some.

can someone clarify what the adj. upper arms are used for?

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by xmarkx View Post
    I bought adj. lower arms and non adj. upper arms from umi.

i was considering at first going with bmr and when I was looking on their site it said something about adj. upper arms only being for drag and not suggested for street. I don't really know why that is though but it's the reason I went with non adj. uppers when I did decide to buy some.

can someone clarify what the adj. upper arms are used for?
    I just purchased the same from UMI this weekend. As far as the adjustable upper A-arm, Ryan Kirkwood (owner of UMI) sent me this info:

I don't recommend adjustable upper A-arms unless the vehicle is looking for certain caster and camber numbers such as a hardcore autocross or road race car would. The adjustable upper A-Arms also feature rod ends which will lead to additional noise and loss of ride quality. The lower A-Arms are adjustable and feature a rod end on the back end. This is done to prevent bushing bind and is a must. The adjustability allows our A-Arms to fit all aftermarket K-members and allows for additional alignment adjustment if needed.

silver
    2000 formula

anything with a rod end is noisey.....nature of the beast.......i live it

Life In The Fast Lane..!! redracer1's Avatar

Brickyard 400 Trac Car#10
    35th Camaro SS/LE Vert

Quote Originally Posted by rockojugs View Post
    I just purchased the same from UMI this weekend. As far as the adjustable upper A-arm, Ryan Kirkwood (owner of UMI) sent me this info:

I don't recommend adjustable upper A-arms unless the vehicle is looking for certain caster and camber numbers such as a hardcore autocross or road race car would. The adjustable upper A-Arms also feature rod ends which will lead to additional noise and loss of ride quality. The lower A-Arms are adjustable and feature a rod end on the back end. This is done to prevent bushing bind and is a must. The adjustability allows our A-Arms to fit all aftermarket K-members and allows for additional alignment adjustment if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsingle1 View Post
    anything with a rod end is noisey.....nature of the beast.......i live it
    If the Control Arms now come with roto-joints they may provide a less noisy ride. I believe the uppers are also heavier than stock arms but will deff save some weight with the lower arms.

Thread Information