Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

FINALLY LOWERED!!!!! im so happy

This is a discussion on FINALLY LOWERED!!!!! im so happy within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; That looks great, the height is just right....

Black
    2000 Camaro SS Conv.

That looks great, the height is just right.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

car looks good lowered, the wheels look absolutely horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    car looks good lowered, the wheels look absolutely horrible.
    hes got a fix for that...look up his other threads

Red
    98 Trans Am

Yes sir, gonna try out the new rims when i do the relocation brackets and Adj PH monday.

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

So how do these springs feel? I think the car looks great with them but I'm wondering about the actual ride. I only ask because I spotted a set for sale and I'm looking for some input.

Red
    98 Trans Am

So far the ride is fine. Its alittle rougher (to be expected) Its snowing now so i cant really test it to its full Capability. So far im clearing everything. Mind you i run 245/45 tires right now so they are alittle taller then 40s. Also filles the wells a little more and gives more underbody clearance. THat could also be providing more "cushion" then most cars get. This also gave me a bit of an epiphony of why my fronts seem so much lower then most cars. Due to larger profile, it brings the tire closer to the fender. But tomorrow im gonna see what the new rims look like with it. All tires are wider then 245 so it should be interesting.

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

OK thanks, I've got 315's out back with 275's up front so I'll be looking forward to seeing these new wheels on your car.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Well got the new rims on, LCA Relo. brackets, and Adj. PHR. Not too bad looking. I think i might paint them in the spring black with silver lips though. Not sure. But for now they look pretty good. Gonna switch back to my other rims for the winter until spring. Heres some picks of the Lowering portion with the new rims as well lol
    Think im gonna stick to 40s for tire profiles though. Looks better. THe tires were free though so not too much to complain on. Besides they are two different brands (simular tread though) in the front. I also need to adjust alittle more to the passenger side. I think i moved it alittle to far to the drivers side. may be a couple of turns in but not too bad. To those that are gonna get Adj PHRs... get the on car one lol its easier lol. Mines not that hard, just gotta unbolt it to adjust it. So the lowering I believe is complete.

Last edited by JoshuaGrooms83; 12-06-2010 at 03:37 AM.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Tell you what though. THe relocation brackets can be a bit of B!@#$CH!! Besides the fact that GM used 18s and the new stuff is 19 lol. But also the brake brakets have to be man handled a bit to get them in. You have to wiggle and hammer it into place a bit. NO sledges but a small nonmarking or ballpien definatly needed as well as a prybar and and a thin straight punch to align all the holes. This of course is for bolt ons, welding i have no idea. I think i might make a install tech if there isnt one.

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Sam Strano Springs are made by Vogtland. They are almost identical to the Vogtland springs you have but are white. My Strano Springs are on order as of now and will hopefully be here in a few weeks... I already have relocation Brackets and SFC's, Control Arms, and a Panhard bar. I can't wait to lower the car, it will look so much better!

And for the relocation brackets, you should cut the inner side tabs off, There was no way to get mine on there with out doing so. I didn't cut them, but they are bent out of the way.
    Last edited by Demon_Z28; 12-07-2010 at 03:10 PM.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Demon_Z28 View Post
    Sam Strano Springs are made by Vogtland. They are almost identical to the Vogtland springs you have but are white. My Strano Springs are on order as of now and will hopefully be here in a few weeks... I already have relocation Brackets and SFC's, Control Arms, and a Panhard bar. I can't wait to lower the car, it will look so much better!

And for the relocation brackets, you should cut the inner side tabs off, There was no way to get mine on there with out doing so. I didn't cut them, but they are bent out of the way.
    so why not buy the vogtland springs instead since they are cheaper? what are the differences?

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    so why not buy the vogtland springs instead since they are cheaper? what are the differences?

They are spec'd differently from what I understand and are lighter weight then most aftermarket lowering springs. Other wise they aren't factory production Vogtland springs since Strano has them custom made from them because of the spring material they use is really good.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Demon_Z28 View Post
    They are spec'd differently from what I understand and are lighter weight then most aftermarket lowering springs. Other wise they aren't factory production Vogtland springs since Strano has them custom made from them because of the spring material they use is really good.
    so the stranos are worth the extra $80

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

I guess so

Red
    98 Trans Am

I believe Stranos have alittle more spring rate built into them, correct me if im wrong though.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    I believe Stranos have alittle more spring rate built into them, correct me if im wrong though.

yes they are specifically rated for the f body and designed to work with the konis

Red
    98 Trans Am

The Vogtlands i got will do for now. At least they are better than Eibachs or some other random spring that sags after somtime. These should be ok to manage bilsteins and one day, when i grow up, Konis. For $100 for Vogtlands, im not complaining

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    yes they are specifically rated for the f body and designed to work with the konis
    problem is i dont have stranos. i have bilsteins

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    problem is i dont have stranos. i have bilsteins
    They should be fine from what i hear.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Well went back to the original rims for now for the winter. Gotta clean up the new rims. Thinking of painting them.
    Also repositioned the rearend today, Got that mofo dialed it good. Tires are sitting perfect between the fenders. Cleaned up the UMI suspention as well. Relo brackets are settled and tight. no more shifting heard. And springs are holding up well. Very happy with the set up as of yet. CAr feels like it launches better, even at moderate speeds on post. Just feels more "planted" lol
    Now for some shocks, UMI Sways, front Upper and Lower Arms, and RR K-member... maybe lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information