Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fedex WTF.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Fedex WTF.

Well, I ordered some new shocks and lowering springs for my T/A. Came home today and found 3 shocks sitting at my doorway. First thing I noticed was that the one front I got had a tiny hole at the top of the box where the shock punctured the box and was sticking out. I was like wtf is up with that. Had to go dig through tracking numbers and realized that it was sent fedex with five different tracking items.

It looks like the one front doesn't have anything wrong other than the fact that it had poked through the box. I sure was relieved that the fourth is still on the way because I was about to raise some hell in the morning.

How lame is that to get an incomplete set. Kid at christmas mode sets in and then you realize that you don't have all the parts.

Also, does anybody know what all should come with front shocks? my bag came with some bushings and a bunch of bolts, but the one front I got just had one nut in the bag.
    Last edited by chuckie669; 05-14-2008 at 03:04 PM.

Jesus died to save you! Killer_bluebird's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

That sounds correct. Usually they put a plastic cap on the end of the shock to prevent what you described but it sounds like they plastic came off and allowed the shock to poke through. As long as the threads didn't get messed it should be ok.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    Well, I ordered some new shocks and lowering springs for my T/A. Came home today and found 3 shocks sitting at my doorway. First thing I noticed was that the one front I got had a tiny hole at the top of the box where the shock punctured the box and was sticking out. I was like wtf is up with that. Had to go dig through tracking numbers and realized that it was sent fedex with five different tracking items.

It looks like the one front doesn't have anything wrong other than the fact that it had poked through the box. I sure was relieved that the fourth is still on the way because I was about to raise some hell in the morning.

How lame is that to get an incomplete set. Kid at christmas mode sets in and then you realize that you don't have all the parts.

Also, does anybody know what all should come with front shocks? my bag came with some bushings and a bunch of bolts, but the one front I got just had one nut in the bag.
    Wow, that sucks. Sounds like everything is okay....basically. Hopefully your 4th shock has showed up by now. What springs and shocks did you get?

2000 C5 Torch Red

My tracking information changed as I woke up this morning. The three that I've received all shipped from TX and were sched for the 14th. The last one was sent from Bloomington CA and as of this morning is in willington CT. The received date has changed from 5/15 to 5/20 now (Talk about misdirected). Still no sign if BMR has shipped the springs yet.

I bought the KYB AGX's and BMR Lowering springs.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Holy cow!!! The tracking is all over the place. How the hell can it go from CA to CT and totally bypass TX??? That's weird. Hopefully you'll get all the parts and be happy with it all. Post up pics when it's done. Do you have an adjustable panhard bar? You may need that once lowered. You're front to rear alignment may be affected.

2000 C5 Torch Red

Yeah, I've been looking at them before the install and the Umi caught my eye sofar. Hope I can post a link to them, but this is the one I've been considering.

Edit:
    Last edited by chuckie669; 05-16-2008 at 07:33 AM.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Just make sure when you get an alignment done, you persuade the tech to do a 4 wheel alignment. Some guys don't think an f-body has moving parts in the rear. haha UMI has some really good stuff. I have their tubular k-member and upper/lower front control arms. Although I do have BMR as well in the back. I have the BMR adjustable panhard bar. Works great, no complaints. BMR uses poly bushings on both ends as I noticed the UMI has a hime joint on one end. Hime joints are more rigid and can possibly break at some point and provides no dampening from road vibrations. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against hime joints....just be prepared to feel more road on your drive.

2000 C5 Torch Red

Pics look great bro. Beautiful car. Last time I got an alignment on my car they only did the front two wheels so I'm going to check into getting them to do 4wheel alignment after install.

I called the site that I bought the items from as they have always had good customer service when I call. He's gonna check who f'd up and see what they can do to get the shock here. Also, going to check why BMR hasn't sent them a tracking number yet as it appeared they were in stock. I spoke with him about the panhard bars and he talked me into the Spohn Adj which was 125 w free shipping and said that it should ship out today.

From the description of the panhard bars it says that it will help when lowering and also with larger back tires. Don't know if that refers to the 315's I got, but every bit helps, right?

So looks like I should have a new stance soon.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Thanks for the compliments. Sounds like the deal on the Spohn works out best. They have good product too. A panhard bar positions the rear end from side to side. When a car gets lowered, well now the length of the panhard will push the rear end further to the passenger side. Hence the adj panhard so you can shorten it and get your front to rear alignment back. Has nothing to do with the wheels and tires. Obviously those rely on the position of the rear end to have them fit proper within the wheel wells. Next suspension mod you can look into is adj lca's to adjust the for and aft movement of the rearend. That can help on launches from whether you come out of the hole straight or not.

Oh and don't forget lca relocation brackets also for your new lowered stance. Take note of how the lca's set parallel to the ground before you swap springs and shocks. You'll notice a difference afterwards. Also good idea to measure from the ground to a certain spot on the body so you know exactly how much of an overall drop the springs and shocks did. Same idea as the adj panhard, by lowering the stance you're changing the suspension geometry. The lca's need to be moved back into the "parallel to the ground" position after lowering. This will get back your pinion angle and rear end grip. Relocation brackets come as weld on and bolt on by the same vendors you're dealing with. Sorry for the long write......just want to make sure you're happy with the overall results.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

this shit gets me so horny when it's all buttoned up n' pretty–just waiting to be abused

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    this shit gets me so horny when it's all buttoned up n' pretty–just waiting to be abused

HAHAHAHAHA

2000 C5 Torch Red

Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post
    Thanks for the compliments. Sounds like the deal on the Spohn works out best. They have good product too. A panhard bar positions the rear end from side to side. When a car gets lowered, well now the length of the panhard will push the rear end further to the passenger side. Hence the adj panhard so you can shorten it and get your front to rear alignment back. Has nothing to do with the wheels and tires. Obviously those rely on the position of the rear end to have them fit proper within the wheel wells. Next suspension mod you can look into is adj lca's to adjust the for and aft movement of the rearend. That can help on launches from whether you come out of the hole straight or not.

Oh and don't forget lca relocation brackets also for your new lowered stance. Take note of how the lca's set parallel to the ground before you swap springs and shocks. You'll notice a difference afterwards. Also good idea to measure from the ground to a certain spot on the body so you know exactly how much of an overall drop the springs and shocks did. Same idea as the adj panhard, by lowering the stance you're changing the suspension geometry. The lca's need to be moved back into the "parallel to the ground" position after lowering. This will get back your pinion angle and rear end grip. Relocation brackets come as weld on and bolt on by the same vendors you're dealing with. Sorry for the long write......just want to make sure you're happy with the overall results.
    Good advice... Thanks for the info.

2000 C5 Torch Red

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    WTF TSS.... lol

2000 C5 Torch Red

Well, springs just arrived so it looks like I'm one egg short of a carton. About the LCA relocations will I be okay for a few weeks with the new setup. This will be my first time messing with springs and lowering a vehicle so I would hate to jack something up.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

WTF TSS.... lol
    TSS gets loopy on Fridays

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Well, springs just arrived so it looks like I'm one egg short of a carton. About the LCA relocations will I be okay for a few weeks with the new setup. This will be my first time messing with springs and lowering a vehicle so I would hate to jack something up.
    You're missing one shock?

Not having the relocation brackets in yet won't kill ya. Just your pinion angle will be way off, but nothing will be damaged.

Do you have spring clamps to seperate your stock springs from the mount? Also you'll need a T50 torx bit to remove the drivers side upper control arm/shock mount. The front shock bolt will probably be rusted in so be preppared to cut off that bolt and have another one. Should come with the new shock. Also you'll have to undo the two bolts to the master brake cylinder and move out of the way as to get to those two torx bolts. Use a BFH to seperate the ball joint from the steering knuckle upright. You'll see a little pad near the ball joint as to where to strike at it. It wont' come apart easy and you'll cringe to wind your arm back to florida to swing at it.....be persistant, she'll come apart. Don't use a pickle fork. That'll just tear up the ball joint insulator.

Here's a good information site to help with the details. Install University (On the left pane, click "Install Documents") Let us know when the other shock arrives and you do the install.

2000 C5 Torch Red

Thanks man. Ppl like you are the reason I enjoy spending my time on this site. Yeah, I'm missing 1 shock. got three and they shipped the fourth from CA --> CT. Missed TX pretty bad. I got a rental spring compressor from Oreilly. It's a two piece. One to go from the front and one from the back if you can't use the front one.

Also, I plan on getting an alignment after install. I'm guessing I'll need another after relocating LCA's.

Install U has also been a great inspiration to learning how to work on my own car.

Brad

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Aren't you a friend of Crystal (REV_IT_UP-TA)? Next time you see her, you can thank her instead. That's my feelings about this site, good guys helping out other good guys. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions you need help with. Too bad fedex can't get a sticker from each town your shock has visited so it has royal documentation. LOL

Unless you get adj lca's do you have to worry about the rear end affecting the toe setting in the front. Otherwise with non-adj lca's.....it is what it is. Not until you get an adj torque arm can you start dialing in your pinion angle. Yeah, Install U greatly helped me out with the 4th gen specifics and mods.

--Rich

2000 C5 Torch Red

Here. You might find this humorous.

May 17, 2008 5:10 AM
    In Transit
    HOUSTON, TX

3:45 AM
    Departed FedEx location
    MEMPHIS, TN

May 16, 2008 11:41 PM
    Arrived at FedEx location
    MEMPHIS, TN

8:09 PM
    Left origin
    WINDSOR LOCKS, CT

6:26 PM
    In Transit
    WINDSOR LOCKS, CT

6:26 PM
    In Transit
    WILLINGTON, CT

1:09 PM
    In Transit
    WILLINGTON, CT

May 15, 2008 7:07 PM
    WILLINGTON, CT

May 13, 2008 12:23 AM
    BLOOMINGTON, CA

May 12, 2008 9:43 PM
    Picked up
    BLOOMINGTON, CA

6:16 PM
    Package data transmitted to FedEx

ETA 5/19/08

2000 C5 Torch Red

How much lower do WS6's sit from stock T/A's? They sure seem lower, but I don't recall that much done to the suspension. Just curious...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information