Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree1Likes

Eibach's

This is a discussion on Eibach's within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; Thanks. Sounds good I will check it out. I have it lowered right now with Eibach springs 1.25" and UMI ...

NBM
    2002 Trans AM WS.6

Thanks. Sounds good I will check it out.

I have it lowered right now with Eibach springs 1.25" and UMI suspension parts I including adj PHB, LCAs w/relocation brackets, sway bars, strut tower brace, 2 point SFC, bilsteinus HDs. I know it is t Konis and Stranos. But it greatly increased the handling of the car. Night and day from the stock setup. Everybody is saying I need the adj Torque arm, which makes sense. So that is coming soon.
    WS.6~LM Exhaust w/quad SS tips~Lowered w/Eibach Springs, Bilstein HD shocks, UMI tubular LCAs w/ relo bracket, UMI adjustable on car PHB~UMI front 35mm/rear 22mm sway bars~UMI 2 point SFCs~UMI STB~Volant CAI~Diablo Predator Performance Tune

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by TcMcD86 View Post
    This is NOT where you want to skimp. There are plenty of other areas in the build where you can save a dime. Do yourself a favor and just get the Strano's, and an adj. panhard bar is a must, don't let anybody tell you it isn't because if you don't properly locate the rear end it will only cause problems down the road, and not that far down the road either. You can run like that or a short while but you will want to save up for some decent dampers as well because the factory shocks just were not designed for the new geometry of the lowered suspension and they will wear out incredibly fast and you're ride will suffer greatly. I personally prefer Koni dual adj all the way around, that's me though, I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I didn't read all the comments so I apologize if I have just repeated a bunch of crap. Bottom line is just call Sam Strano, he is a stand up guy and will get you set up perfectly to your needs.
    I subscribe to this way of thinking too especially when it comes to hard parts by buying reputable quality parts on areas of your ride such as suspension you dont wanna skimp! + you dont want to have to change something and waste time and money on inferior parts - Ive learned that from past cars of mine, ya know your all excited and dont do ALL your homework and get a part(s) then you see something else far superior then what you bought---thats a real bummer!! So your right take your time,save more money if you have to and wait for the right parts!!!

NBM
    2002 Trans AM WS.6

I used UMI suspension parts all around my car. I need to get an adjustae torque arm, and I think I am done. I would prefer to stick with UMI for the torque arm, unless it would benefit me to go else were. But i dont drag my car. What should I look for when buying? I see some accommodate for future LTs. And I would like to get it off the transmission.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
    I used UMI suspension parts all around my car. I need to get an adjustae torque arm, and I think I am done. I would prefer to stick with UMI for the torque arm, unless it would benefit me to go else were. But i dont drag my car. What should I look for when buying? I see some accommodate for future LTs. And I would like to get it off the transmission.
    Yeah ive heard alot of good things about UMI from site members I never heard of them before coming to this site but from what i hear they are good to deal with and have quality parts. I only did the LCA`s and adj,T/A , and rear shocks. I wasnt able to keep buying parts cause i was out of work and had no cash or id have been alot closer to finishing my suspension upgrades. When im cash ready again i will go with UMI.If you like them id stick with them. As far as you going LTs,to me that was the biggest noticeable difference bang for your buck improvement that i made ...so far. It just unleashes alot more power and the sound is addicting...after you have them youll be like,why didnt i do this sooner ...just make sure to check your local laws (emissions) first.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
    Getting the front mount off the tailshaft of the transmission is a good idea. You basically have (2) design choices for Torque Arms; full-length and tunnel mounted.

The full-length is geared more towards everyday driving. It will be similar to the OEM style which came equipped on the car, but be more robust. It also gives the option of adjusting your pinion angle (for lowered cars) if you choose to buy an adjustable one.

The tunnel mount torque arm is shorter and more geared towards straight-line racing (drag racing). This style "typically" transfers more road noise into the cabin due to its design; mounted up into the tunnel underneath the car. The tunnel also needs to be massaged (create clearance for fitment) so the torque arm clears the underbody of the vehicle. This isn't always the case, but a lot of people have to do this.

Both designs come with the option of an external front mount which is typically a bar/plate that the front of the torque arm mounts to. The mount in return gets mounted to the underside of the car. This removes the chances of any damage being done to the transmission since the torque arm is no longer mounted to the transmission.

Either way, you still need to determine which exhaust you will end up with as there are different types of mounting for different styles of exhaust. You also want to ensure that the front mount you choose will offer you ample ground clearance since it will sit lower to the ground than the standard mounting style. This is especially important with lowered cars since you already have less ground clearance to begin with.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information