Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Eibach's

This is a discussion on Eibach's within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; Whoa! I bet once you spend a bit on the motor, it will scream! You are kinda like the smart ...

Whoa! I bet once you spend a bit on the motor, it will scream! You are kinda like the smart little pig that built his house out of bricks

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Well, funny you mention that, I added a Procharger set-up with all the amenities last spring. It hauls pretty good.

Yeah, that'd probably do it! Haha. I am excited to get mine to where I want it, hut I also enjoy the trip getting it there....which is good, because I am still at the very beginning.

Ok, so somebody please school me on shocks. I want to go with the bilsteins, but which are best for my set up (eibach pro kit) & where is the cheapest place to get them?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

You want the Bilstein HD shocks I believe. Never read up on them since I have Koni's, but I'm pretty sure someone else can confirm.

Try sponsors on this site first, then ws6store, ebay, kyspeed, etc.

Some sites offer free shipping with orders over a certain amount. The set of 4 should run you around $350-400 if I recall correctly.
    It's on jackstands.

Thanks. Best I found was $435 for the bilsteins. Going to keep looking.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

When I got my Bilsteins I got them from Strano

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefish View Post
    Yeah, I am going to wait & "do it right"......I too have had the hurries come back to bite me in the ass. Kinda interested to see if I can change these myself when I do get the scratch for the bilsteins.

12k & no faster? How is that even possible? Was it all suspension? If so, I bet it handles like a ferrari! Haha
    The problem with upgrading parts is that when you upgrade one part it is usually connected to other parts that want to be upgraded. I had Koni's in my SS when I threw out the DeCarbons at 30k. I guess I went overboard because my ride went from soft and spongy to rock hard road racer with the UMI stuff and the Eibach springs and Koni's. All I had to do was replace the Koni's with Bilstein's and it was perfect for me. The Koni's have tons of adjustment but I did not have the time and effort to get them right. Go with the Bilsteins.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Thanks. Best I found was $435 for the bilsteins. Going to keep looking.
    PM coming your way

Just as an update, I have the springs, two front bilsteins, the two rears on the way, all the tools needed (and even some that will make it even easier...like my air gun), & a buddy that knows how to change them out & a willingness to help. I think once I get my lt's & ory, I am going to do some sfc's & piece together the suspension as I get the cash.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Seems like ordering new shocks and going through the hassle of selling your existing ones, not to mention changing them out again would be both more time consuming and more difficult than turning a knob, Keith.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

I had a set of Tockiko`s (struts/coil overs) on my Z car they were 5 way adjustables. It wasnt hard at all to change the settings,just a flick of the dial on top. I hardly ever changed the settings though.But it sounds like Andy just wants some quality shocks better then stock and be done with it. Shocks and springs do make a world of difference on the whole handling and ride of the car!! 4-sure.

I am starting to debate whether or not I want to lower, after all. What exactly does lowering do for handling? Is there really a big difference? I will be honest, the more I find out I need to do to lower, the more sheepish i get about doing it.

I am an idiot. The damn answer is right above my question. I will quit being a puss &just put the damn parts on the car...sorry for being a PITA. I will admit, though, I am not going to be able to do a torque arm until after I lower it. I will just be sure I baby her until then. Hell, I am too big of a baby to do launches anyways.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

If you want a sporty ride I would recommend lca relocation brackets, sfcs, and maybe a set of sway bars. Save the springs/shocks for when you can do that together with all the adjustable pieces at the same time.
    My .02

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

Hey jon what koni's do you have? are you running the 4x4?

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

I am an idiot. The damn answer is right above my question. I will quit being a puss &just put the damn parts on the car...sorry for being a PITA. I will admit, though, I am not going to be able to do a torque arm until after I lower it. I will just be sure I baby her until then. Hell, I am too big of a baby to do launches anyways.
    Being unsure and asking questions is not the same as an ''idiot'' or a ''puss'' a person who thinks they know everything is an idiot-and a person who wont admit that they dont know everything is a puss ..and just because you dont want to do launches doesnt make you a big baby- just because you have a car with power doesnt mean you have to get all radical and break shit!! some guys like to thrash their cars some like to keep them mellow. I was watching a street race back in `02 when my car was brand new not even truly broken in yet when some lil bitch ass punk kid wanted to race me in his older SS...as much as i wanted to i knew that it wouldnt be good for my car and since it was brand new and unpaid for and i wasnt fully used to it i said no! Of course he went into this rant about how i was scared and if it was his car new or not he`d do it and blah blah blah..I told him id see him around someday and that was it....did i wanna beat his ass YES did i wreck and thrash my car just for his pleasure NO...Its YOUR car treat it how you want to! But ill let you in on a lil SS secret...they get kinda mad when you dont lay a few scratches on the pavement or do a few WOT pulls past 100 mph.....

Thanks bro.

And Alex, the adjustable torque arm is all I cannot afford right now. I have the relo brackets, LCA's, & adj. PHB on the way. So I am well on my way!

Got my rear shocks & my UMI stuff should be here before Friday. Going to attempt to do some install of the "easier" stuff this weekend. Any tricks to the PHB that i should know? I am assuming, since I am not lowered yet, that I should just make sure it is the same length as stock.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix_68 View Post
    Hey jon what koni's do you have? are you running the 4x4?
    Yes, I have the Koni 4/4's, which are adjustable while on the car. My rear settings are at full soft and the fronts are 3 sweeps from full soft. Also am running the Strano springs.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information