Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Eibach Prokit vs Sportlines

This is a discussion on Eibach Prokit vs Sportlines within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; my car sits on sportlines and so far so good they ride smooth and road conditions here in phoenix are ...

artic white
    1998 z28

my car sits on sportlines and so far so good they ride smooth and road conditions here in phoenix are great. wouldnt consider going any higher than this

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

stance is just one aspect of it.
    Sportlines suck since they have little suspension travel and a low rate.
    You're way better off w the prokits, and even better w/ the stano springs.

The next question that comes to mind is what shocks are you running?
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Bright Red
    99 Firehawk #157 Roadster

Anyone just do fronts and leave rears stock for a more "raked" effect?

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

i have the hal qa1 adjustable shocks in the rear, they are a night and day difference over the stock ones and it definately helped with the sportlines being so rough, im debating on raising the car or keeping the sportlines because i do love the look of it

Black
    2000 trans am ws6

depends if you wanna sacrifice the ride for look, or look for the ride lol.

Impounded
    Would i need to get low profiles on my 17s if i got a lowering spring? I was thinking the C6 chrome 17s, low profiles, and Strano or H&R springs and shocks with 1/4 spacers on the back.
    how would that work?

I would much rather have a better ride than a better look. What do you think?
    Last edited by BashamWS6; 05-23-2010 at 07:53 PM.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    Would i need to get low profiles on my 17s if i got a lowering spring? I was thinking the C6 chrome 17s, low profiles, and Strano or H&R springs and shocks with 1/4 spacers on the back.
    how would that work?

well kind of yes....for clearance sake get a tire whos overall diameter is very close to stock. i am running 17 TTms with nitto 555Rs and have no clearance problems.

also shouldnt need a spacer if you get the right offset

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

how would that work?

I got 17's stock ss wheels on my car with eibach pro kit and bilsteins looks good id like a little more travel in the suspension for bumps it feels like it bottoms out easily but when your on smooth roads its a whole new world i'm taking it to lime rock in a couple weeks it should do ok a hell of alot better than stock

Impounded
    idk. i know opinions differ. i did a little bit of shopping around and i was just thinking...

Hotchkis Sport Coil Springs-1" drop ($244.99 set)

i would like the rear to be sitting a little higher to give it a more "sinister and aggressive stance"
    any ideas? and what about shocks? I want the ride to be as excellent as possible because roads suck around here...

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

idk. i know opinions differ. i did a little bit of shopping around and i was just thinking...

Hotchkis Sport Coil Springs-1" drop ($244.99 set)

i would like the rear to be sitting a little higher to give it a more "sinister and aggressive stance"
    any ideas? and what about shocks? I want the ride to be as excellent as possible because roads suck around here...
    I know how you feel there I live in mass and new England roads are the worst I know konis are probably the best but for the price the bilsteins I got seem great I'd go with something different than the eibach pro kit I like it but with all the bumps around here I could use more travel

Impounded
    yeah ive seen those too. im just wondering if the gas shocks are any good.
    its $400 set for the Bilsteins but if you get the gas Bilsteins they are $849.95 set
    whats the difference?

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

its $400 set for the Bilsteins but if you get the gas Bilsteins they are $849.95 set
    whats the difference?
    I can't see it being that much of a difference i wouldn't spend another 400 for that these seem good enough you can go cheaper I'm sure I just wanted to go with a brand I've heard good things about

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

whats the difference?
    I thought all the bilsteins were gas shocks.
    Are you referring to the Bilstein Race Shocks custom valved by Unbalanced Engineering ?

The only regular production shock from Bilstein, for our cars are the HD's, and SLP's, also the rear 3rd gen. Sport's.
    Last edited by Blue28; 05-25-2010 at 02:02 PM.

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue28 View Post
    I thought all the bilsteins were gas shocks.
    Are you referring to the Bilstein Race Shocks custom valved by Unbalanced Engineering ?

The only regular production shock from Bilstein, for our cars are the HD's, and SLP's, also the rear 3rd gen. Sport's.
    Yeah. I seen those and i was asking about that. but i kinda didnt make myself clear. Are those custom valved shocks any good?

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

Lightbulb

Yeah. I seen those and i was asking about that. but i kinda didnt make myself clear. Are those custom valved shocks any good?
    Yes,they can be, but you really need to know what you want from you suspension and need to accurately convey that info to whoever is valving the shocks for you.
    Otherwise there's a possibility you'll be stuck with shock valving your not completely happy with.

98' trans am

honestly spend the money to get a pair of koni SAs..you will be extremely happy with them..they are adjustable and matched with a great spring like stranos ...they are magic

black
    1999 camaro SS

I just ordered some sportlines and Koni shocks. I have 17 Boyd coddington smoothies on bmr springs right now. my goal is to stuff 19x12 c6 spyders in the rear once I've done all my future suspension mods. I don't care about ride quality. Its not my DD and I have 2 jobs so I'm lucky if I drive the thing once every 2 weeks lol.

Impounded
    well in all actuality. i just want look and comfort. im not necessarily going to make this a ten second car...

98' trans am

well in all actuality. i just want look and comfort. im not necessarily going to make this a ten second car...
    none the less ....in order to have a good ride you need to have a good pair of shocks and a good pair of springs...and that isnt even getting into the fact that you change the geometry of the suspension and in order to handle and behave right...more parts are needed

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    none the less ....in order to have a good ride you need to have a good pair of shocks and a good pair of springs...and that isnt even getting into the fact that you change the geometry of the suspension and in order to handle and behave right...more parts are needed
    In lowering the car I need to get an adjustable pan hard and some rear lcas with the relocation brackets to get my traction back is that correct???

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information