Thread: Drag shocks

Drag shocks

Does anyone know if comp engineering makes a 90/10 adjustable for the front to match their 50/50 rear 3way adjustable for an 01 fbody?

Does anyone know who sells comp engineering period ??

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

summit, jegs... i have the rear CE shocks on my car. from what i was told, they don't make fronts.

Red
    1999 Chevy Camaro Z28

You could look into QA1 shocks.Just purchased 2 fronts. Don't know what they are considered as far as being 90/10 or whatever. It's a Gen F coil over shock, you can get double adj or single adj. I just went with singles. You have a choice of drag springs to get with them or a handling spring.
    99 z28 cam,m6 ,S60 4.56gears,Fast 90/90 full boltons,more mods one day.
    11.2 @ 123mph.

They cost about 4x anyone know if they can be used as a 90/10 and if the only reason im changing them is for launching so is the cost worth it?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

the single adjustable QA1 are a 9 position adjustment. you can make it a 90/10 to a 10/90. so, you can drive it to the track set for handling, then when you get there, with a twist of a knob, set it for drag racing.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

If its only single adjustable how do you make it 10/90 and do you put it on the firmist setting to get the best rebound extension for launch front lift?

Red
    1999 Chevy Camaro Z28

The instructions said for drag racing you want the spring height installed at like 14" and the pressure knob on 0-3 clicks. That's what I did, but haven't tried them out yet since it's winter time where I'm at. I just did what they recomended, and I beleive that was for footbrake type racing.

Did you get new springs with them? What did you mean by 14" spring height ? Measured from where to where? Shocks seem so simple but no one can really explain how they work like your QA1 that you set 0 to 3 clicks which is loose or soft which is on the rebound or extension cycle after the coil has been compressed but during a launch it really isnt compressing just extending so i guess at 0 there is no resistance or help getting the front up just torque from the rear biting taking weight off the front and letting the springs help push the body up. QA1 doesnt tell what the compression stroke has been designed for ie loose so that the front comes back down quick for aerodynamics and stability or firm so it comes down slow and easy or if they just split the difference and make it medium which is probably like a stocker anyway. Does any of this make sense ?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by rickssz View Post
    If its only single adjustable how do you make it 10/90 and do you put it on the firmist setting to get the best rebound extension for launch front lift?

http://www.carrerashocks.com/

Thread Information