Light Pewter (11)
    2001 Camaro

difference in springs

i was looking for some lowering springs for my 3.8V6 Camaro
    i have read somewhere that the SLP 70009 springs, almost the same springs are as the Eibachs

The SLP 70009 (Level1) lowers the cars with 0,75", but the Eibachs (Pro en sport) lowers the car even more
    and i do't want to lower the car so much, because of the lot of speedbumps in the Netherlands.

does any one have a picture (Camaro or Firebird) with SLP 70009 springs on the car ?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

^^ Good info right there.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Actually the SLP springs are made by Eibach,
    and yes you are correct they are not as stiff or
    as low as the Eibach Prokit springs.
    I'm sure you will be pleased with their ride height.

Light Pewter (11)
    2001 Camaro

Thanks for the information, Carlo01SS

the SLP 70009 springs, are these stock springs for the WS6 and SS, or was it an option from SLP ?
    Last edited by pv-camaro; 11-12-2012 at 02:14 AM.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

It was an optional spring.

Factory 01-02 WS6's & SS's had the same springs as the factory V8 f-bodies.

Light Pewter (11)
    2001 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos01SS View Post
    It was an optional spring.

Factory 01-02 WS6's & SS's had the same springs as the factory V8 f-bodies.
    the spring rate of the front springs is 223-448, the first number is less than the stock V6 spring, it's probably a stupid question but does the front of the car dive a lot when hard breaking, with these springs ?

Has someone any pictures with these springs (SLP 70009) on the car, i would like to see it
    Last edited by pv-camaro; 11-12-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by pv-camaro View Post
    the spring rate of the front springs is 223-448, the first number is less than the stock V6 spring, it's probably a stupid question but does the front of the car dive a lot when hard breaking, with these springs ?

Has someone any pictures with these springs (SLP 70009) on the car, i would like to see it
    The SLP/Eibach springs are progressive springs, that is, they start a bit softer and end up being stiffer when compressed...they tried to make the springs a bit easier for ride quality, hence the two numbers.
    When you see the springs you'll see that the first 1 to 2 coils are a bit wider then the coils in the middle because the middle of the spring coils are the stiffer part.

Technically when you're driving aroung you'll be way more at the 448 mark than the 223 mark so FYI...

and depending on the shocks that you use with these springs yes you will notice nose dive.
    You buy piece of shit shocks OR drag shocks which are valved soft then yes you're going to notice nose dive.
    But why are you asking this question for anyway???
    LOL!!!

You planning on braking from 100mph to 20mph real fast?

Planning on hitting the twisties?

Nose dive isn't really relevant unless you're planning on taking it on road courses or autoXing or anything of the sort.

Streetwise you should be fine...even with nosediving.

Light Pewter (11)
    2001 Camaro

Hi Carlos01ss, thanks for the responce,

I have stock springs, but with Konis adjustables (front and rear), but i noticed with heavy breaking, or when you drive off a speed hi speed bump, the car wil dive a little to much in my opinion.

So my question was, if i replace my stock springs with SLP 70009 springs, this problem will be solved.
    But in the Netherlands, some speed bumps are so high, i can't drop the car as much as i would.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by pv-camaro View Post
    Hi Carlos01ss, thanks for the responce,

I have stock springs, but with Konis adjustables (front and rear), but i noticed with heavy breaking, or when you drive off a speed hi speed bump, the car wil dive a little to much in my opinion.

So my question was, if i replace my stock springs with SLP 70009 springs, this problem will be solved.
    But in the Netherlands, some speed bumps are so high, i can't drop the car as much as i would.
    Okay got it!

Dude you got the Koni DA's, what setting do you have the rebound at?
    I have mine 4 sweeps from full stiff. If you don't have your front
    shocks set that high then try it, obviously the stiffer rebound setting will
    lessen the nosedive BIGTIME!!!
    Try it and let me know how it works out

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I'm just going to add since the list does'nt show the 3.4L v6 that the 223 and 95.4 rates are for the 3.4L cars only.

There's a mistake in the list as the cut off for oem springs is 1995 for the 3.4L v6 not 97.

The 3.4L springs will not hold up an f-body equiped with the 3800, LT1, or LS1, and would likely sag and/or be mushy since a fully dressed 3.4L is a lighter engine package than the 3800 and the v8 cars.

The 3.4L was dropped after 95 and the 3800 was introduced in 1996. A dressed 3800 is comparable in weight to dressed LT1 and LS1 cars.

For what it's worth.
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-15-2012 at 05:01 AM.

Light Pewter (11)
    2001 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos01SS View Post
    Okay got it!

Dude you got the Koni DA's, what setting do you have the rebound at?
    I have mine 4 sweeps from full stiff. If you don't have your front
    shocks set that high then try it, obviously the stiffer rebound setting will
    lessen the nosedive BIGTIME!!!
    Try it and let me know how it works out
    Thanks for the quick responce
    that's a good point, but i have the yellow Koni SA not the DA, i coould set them higher, maybe this will help.
    The only problem is, i only drive her in the summer (begin april till end oktober), i have to wait till next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I'm just going to add since the list does'nt show the 3.4L v6 that the 223 and 95.4 rates are for the 3.4L cars only.

There's a mistake in the list as the cut off for oem springs is 1995 for the 3.4L v6 not 97.

The 3.4L springs will not hold up an f-body equiped with the 3800, LT1, or LS1, and would likely sag and/or be mushy since a fully dressed 3.4L is a lighter engine package than the 3800 and the v8 cars.

The 3.4L was dropped after 95 and the 3800 was introduced in 1996. A dressed 3800 is comparable in weight to dressed LT1 and LS1 cars.

For what it's worth.
    Hi Smittro, thanks for the responce too
    My only concerns with lowering springs are, the big (high) speed bumps overhere, if i make the car to low, she with the nose (airdam) before i even get the tires on the speedbump.
    my other concern is, if i put lowering springs on the car made for the V8, like Hotchkis, Strano or the SLP 70009, will this not raise the nose, instead of lowering it (less weight than a Z28 or SS)

i assume the SLP 70009 are the LEVEL I springs 223-448 for the front and 97-136 for the rear, can someone verify this ?
    Last edited by pv-camaro; 11-15-2012 at 08:05 AM.

Thread Information