Dealership or Perf. Shop to do alignment?

This is a discussion on Dealership or Perf. Shop to do alignment? within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; Hi Folks, I know this might be a stupid question but here it goes anyway.. My CETA needs a front ...

Yellow
    2002 CETA

Dealership or Perf. Shop to do alignment?

Hi Folks,

I know this might be a stupid question but here it goes anyway..

My CETA needs a front end alignment big-time. The drivers side front tire is wearing heavily on the outside as apposed to the rest of tire.

This will be my second alignment. The first was when I had it lowered four years ago. I am the original owner.

Can the dealership handle this (for factors-like a shuttle ride home while it's be worked on)
    or should I go back to the performance shop that did the work several years ago (drop the car off and take taxi to work etc)?

My CETA has Eibach Pro/Revalved Bilsteins and other bolt on suspension parts.

Just curious if I will get the same quality alignment at the dealership or because of the mods if the performance shop is the best bet.

When done here comes the BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KD!! Need the alignment quick!

Thanks for your help and still loving my low miles TA since '02!!

-Rick
    Last edited by SUPERCETA; 06-24-2006 at 05:18 PM.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

My dealer does my alignment.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383, ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD
    Black 2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid 4WD (Totaled)

Black 2013 Chevy Volt (Gone)

Dark blue metallic
    2000 TransAm

I vote for specialty performance / tire shop. I've been doing business with the same tire / wheel alignment shop for over 20 years because he's the best in the area. I'm sure that there are some good dealerships around but they're hard to find - my Pontiac dealership just gave up his Pontiac/GMC franchise....but my tire dealer's still around! The fact that a business is still around for over 20 years must mean that they have some happy customers... just my $.02

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

depends on how lowered it is. if it's sitting on the ground, the dealership may not want to. go to wherever you feel comfortable with.

Yellow
    2002 CETA

Thanks Guys..

Ended up making an appointmet at the Speed Shop! Wednesday she will be aligned again....Also my left GMMG pipe is not perfectly straight. I want it fixed as it bugs the crap out of me. The "G0-Fast" shop was the best choice.

I have not driven her since last September if you can believe it...

The Optima Yellow Top was dead. A little dissapointed after getting her jumped. Would not hold the charge. I have done a lot of research on Optima this weekend.. I have a pretty high end sound system and decided to buy another Yellow Top. I will start her weekly even if I let her sit the Winter again.

The front DRL lamp got busted out by a rock last year and this needed replacement. This was ordered today...Part of the reason I have not driven her. No drivers side brake light or signal.

Ordered my first set of aftermarket rubber for this car. Was going to try the BF Goodrich KD's but decided to give the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's a go. Ordered four in the stock size today and will be mounted on Saturday..I will ask if anyone is using this rubber in the tire section..

I really have quite a CETA. Will be thrilled Saturday when all is done and I can enjoy her again...The little problems can be a pain sometimes...

Will post some pics after a good detail on Sunday..

Can't wait..

-Rick
    Last edited by SUPERCETA; 06-26-2006 at 06:26 PM.

Thread Information