crustysarge

Daily Driver Suspension Mods

I am considering a couple of minor mods to include rear LCA and a torque arm. Car is basically stock and will have headers soon.

I have been filtering through posts here and it seems ome say the rear LCA change will make the car noiser. I am looking at the different types and the BMR Lower Control Arms Boxed w/ Rubber/Poly Bushings seem like the best choice for a daily driver.

Torque arem will probably be non adjustable. I have read for daily use get one that bolts to sock location and for track get one that bolts to tranny mount. Is this due to road noise being transmitted?

My main concern is I'd like to keep the car reasonably stock and don't want too much road noise. I don't care much for polyurethane bushings on the street on my other cars.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

boxed are for drag... will hinder your handling.
    I would keep the stock LCA/PHR and just get some shocks... best way to spend the $ on the car and get great benefits for all its use.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

triple-black

where in Italy are you from ?
    I remember seeing a 3rd gen blue IROC this summer in Rome several times.
    I remember it because he had a sign on the rear window saying: "Not for sale... too much power for you anyways", or something like that.
    Kind of made me want to leave a note on the windshield... lol

crustysarge
    I am north of Venice, I am American living/working here for US Gov. You would be surprised what cars are here stashed away and rarely driven. I got to 3-4 American car events every year and usually racing is for fun only. This year getting more organized and may have some money involved so I want to squezze a few more horse to the ground.

What about torque arm worth changing for my case?

triple-black

Quote Originally Posted by crustysarge
    I am north of Venice, I am American living/working here for US Gov. You would be surprised what cars are here stashed away and rarely driven. I got to 3-4 American car events every year and usually racing is for fun only. This year getting more organized and may have some money involved so I want to squezze a few more horse to the ground.

What about torque arm worth changing for my case?
    Yes... that will help you mainly on brake wheel hop, if you ever experienced it.
    Note that getting a shorter version of the Torque arm will help straight line acceleration, but hinder braking... longer torque arm will help braking, hinder acceleration... where are your priorities ?
    if you want both, then there is a more $ solution... decoupled torque arm.
    The only one I would trust is the one in www.unbalancedengineering.com
    btw, I have one in order, since they have proven themselves to work very well in track and street... best of both worlds.
    if you gonna get LCA/PHR, get good rod-ends... won't bind, and if of good quality, won't be noisy.

Thread Information