Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Can't hook...No traction

This is a discussion on Can't hook...No traction within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by N20LT4 What are you trapping @ with that number? so far, 128.24 using the nitrous at about ...

  1. #21
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    What are you trapping @ with that number?
    so far, 128.24 using the nitrous at about 200 feet out. with a good track, i'll be in the 130s

    here's that video
    http://www.centralfloridastreetcars....08nitrous1.wmv

  2. #22
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    so far, 128.24 using the nitrous at about 200 feet out. with a good track, i'll be in the 130s

    here's that video
    http://www.centralfloridastreetcars....08nitrous1.wmv
    mrr23 does have a sick car..a 408 with a great nitrous set-up

  3. #23
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    why thank you.

  4. #24
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    why thank you.

  5. #25
    Member SilverSteen25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA / State College, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    103

    Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    mrr23 does have a sick car..a 408 with a great nitrous set-up
    Watched that video, mrr23 u def have a sick ass ride man....What's ur 1/4 time if u don't mind me askin?

  6. #26
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    so far, 128.24 using the nitrous at about 200 feet out. with a good track, i'll be in the 130s

    here's that video
    http://www.centralfloridastreetcars....08nitrous1.wmv
    Yeah that's a fast car. 130's are definitely within your reach with that kind of power.

  7. #27
    let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    hixson tennessee
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,642

    white
    94 camaro z28

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    why thank you.
    that is sick. I bet you can bring that time down though with a good track. what is your 1/8th time?

  8. #28
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,692

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Personally I dont think Strano's the guy to talk to about hooking up at the track but that's just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
    I was thinking the same thing...unless most of us misunderstood, and the guy wants to ride around in circles...
    i strongly dissagree... sam knows both worlds... and for the picture of you lifitng tire... taht is great and all but that isn't happening for long with a 7.5" rear and 3.73's...

  9. #29
    TunedByFrost supporter rel3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, MD.
    Posts
    723

    Cranberry Red
    1971 Chevelle SS 402

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    i strongly dissagree... sam knows both worlds... and for the picture of you lifitng tire... taht is great and all but that isn't happening for long with a 7.5" rear and 3.73's...
    He may or may not "know both worlds", but from reading his replies, checking out his website (pics, articles, parts lists, vehicles that he caters to), and even looking at his signature, I'm pretty sure he leans MUCH FURTHER towards handling, and not straight line traction...A guy like him is probably bored to death on a straightaway, lol...

    Don't know about you, but if I post and ask about TRACTION problems after rebuilding my 10 bolt, like the original poster did, I'm not asking about lowering springs, and orange cones...I'd be wanting to hear from people who are hooking with their 10 bolts.

    As for the "well wishes" for my 10 bolt, fear not...Not only do I have two complete spare rears, but driveline building/rebuilding is what I do for a living...I'm sure you've read about people who don't break their 10 bolts, no matter what they do, or how hard they try? I'm one of them.

    You'd probably be surprised at how tame and sissy-fied my car appears to launch. It just goes, smooth as silk. BTW...Not that it makes a big difference, but I run 342's.

  10. #30
    Nitrous Tuner LS2Tuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WestCoast AZ-CALI
    Posts
    4,763

    Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

    Go to the junk yard and buy a pair of used wore V-6 rear springs and it will be one of the best $50-60 things you have ever done.
    I'm speaking from 13+ years of building cars on a daily basis.
    Right now your car is as stiff as a truck. I will also guarantee they will aid in hooking better than eibachs drag springs on your street car.

    Also cutting the length down on the end link bolt's for the front swaybar will aid in removal time. The front bar limits front end travel greatly.

    And if you didn't know already plan street tires HATE burnouts and NEVER drive through the water box go around and back up for a Light cleaning.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

  11. #31
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    that is sick. I bet you can bring that time down though with a good track. what is your 1/8th time?
    7.313 @ 98.85

  12. #32
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,692

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Go to the junk yard and buy a pair of used wore V-6 rear springs and it will be one of the best $50-60 things you have ever done.
    I'm speaking from 13+ years of building cars on a daily basis.
    Right now your car is as stiff as a truck. I will also guarantee they will aid in hooking better than eibachs drag springs on your street car.

    Also cutting the length down on the end link bolt's for the front swaybar will aid in removal time. The front bar limits front end travel greatly.

    And if you didn't know already plan street tires HATE burnouts and NEVER drive through the water box go around and back up for a Light cleaning.
    street tire do hate burn outs... they are made to NOT get hot... but i still do a small burn out to get and shit off my tire so when i hit second i don't spin out...

  13. #33
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    well i cut a 2.08 60' with only sfc, umi adj. control arms and relocation brackets..this was also on shity all season tires with less then 50% tread on them. i think it is really about your right foot more then anything

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Trying To Hook My Dad Up
    By kenro23 in forum Texas Members
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 10-02-2013, 06:10 PM
  2. Sub Hook Up?
    By BashamWS6 in forum Computers / Gaming
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-20-2011, 06:16 PM
  3. Help: Why won't my Car hook?
    By PushroD in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-24-2008, 11:10 AM
  4. Can someone please tell me how to hook up this HID kit
    By ap2000z28 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-31-2007, 12:21 PM
  5. hook up
    By Goodwrench3011 in forum Nitrous
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-29-2006, 09:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •