Thread: Cage question

Red
    99 Z28

Cage question

For those of you with cages or have had cages or build them. I am getting ready to buy a wolferacecraft cage and have a quesion. Did you get your rear bars over the seat and mate with the flat part or did you go with through the plastic onto the wheel well? What was you reasoning? And what are the pros and cons?

White
    2000 Firebird Trans Am

Hi Scott my partner and I do custom chrome moly tig welded roll bars and cages as well as back half cars. I think the more modern style rear bars would work well as well as work great with the firebird body style. Im talking about the rear half cage like whats in a pro stock car,that follows the roof lines and has at least 2 attach points to rear trunk floor area.

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

I know this is an older post. But I have both in my street cars. My red car has a wolfe 6 point and I went through the speaker covers because it allowed me to still have the flat area to put stuff on if needed. My black car has a custom fully welded 6 point that goes to the flat area. Since this car doesn't haul much in the back and gets alittle more track time.
    2001 WS6 TA Red. Stock, 6 spd, LS7 clutch, Catback, Harris Nitrous Kit, Custom Painted Flames, Wolfe 6 point rollbar.
    1998 TA Black. 408, t350, nitro daves plate w/dedicated fuel cell, mini tubbed, 30" dr's. 9.75 @136mph on a small shot. Fastest LSX in Alaska, Pump gas, never trailered street car.
    2007 TBSS. Silver, Factory Stock

'Brilliant black'
    1999 Firebird

Hi;

We can't post our websites here on the site, as that would give us an infraction, but you can PM us and we can give you the sites. We are building our '99 Firebird into a LSR Race car and Highway Driver. The site for this has the build pictures and descriptions, and you can clearly see what and how each step was completed.

MAXX

Red
    99 Z28

Thanks for the answers guys. i ended up buying one with a wolfe 10 pt cage in it. Thanks for the replies tho.

Thread Information