Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C5 Up grade

Red
    98 Trans Am

C5 Up grade

Well im gonna finally do it. well at least the Bracket and rotor way at least
    I got some C5 Brackets coming from ebay for $135 and i dont have to cut the spindles either, a huge plus. I would love to do the CTS-V upgrade, however, the CTS-Vs calipers are far and inbetween right now or really expensive. So for now I have the Bracket coming. Looking around for decent calipers and trying to find a good deal on Hawks front and rear pads and also get some new rear rotors while im at it. Im also gonna paint the calipers finally . Probably black and red. thinking caliper black and the bracket red. we'll see. Wondering if i should get stainless lines now or wait until I do the CTSV upgrade. ANy thoughts?
    Ill show my progress. just waiting on shipping right now. Waiting on a settlement check to come in from my couch getting busted up moving to Germany and then im gonna get Bilstein Shocks, Vogtland springs, changing out the solid PH rod to an Adjustable one, and LCA relocation brackets.
    Anyone one recommend anything else NOT super expensive while im under the car?

(already got LT headers and catd ORY pipe, Flowmaster muff, Lid and stuff, UMI STB LCA's PH rod and 2PT SFC)

black
    1999 camaro SS

sway bars

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

^^^^^ yes, I have the Strano bars and they made the biggest difference in handleing over any other chassis or suspension mod I've done
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

Red
    98 Trans Am

I was gonna do that after i do the other stuff first, but i did have my eyes on some UMI ones aswell

Red
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS LE

Strano sway bars

Strano's hollow sway bars are lighter than solid bars and stiffer than stock. Strano's sway bars make the car well balanced for handling. Another option is to get Strano's adjustable hollow rear bar for increased adjustability.

black
    1999 camaro SS

if you want to eliminate any body flex get a drag bar... makes the car feel like it's completely solid

Red
    98 Trans Am

yeah but how are those on a DD car? I dont do much drag racing. I was more interested in the ajustable one from strano but i do like umi products Im getting my car somewhat ready to run on Nurmbergring next year. Im even thinkin about getting the camera bar from 6LE to video it. im not aiming for 7:26 or anything lol. If i can 10:00 that would be amazing.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by xmarkx View Post
    if you want to eliminate any body flex get a drag bar... makes the car feel like it's completely solid
    whats a drag bar...?

Red
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS LE

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    yeah but how are those on a DD car? I dont do much drag racing. I was more interested in the ajustable one from strano but i do like umi products Im getting my car somewhat ready to run on Nurmbergring next year. Im even thinkin about getting the camera bar from 6LE to video it. im not aiming for 7:26 or anything lol. If i can 10:00 that would be amazing.
    The typical drag rear sway bar is very stiff something like 1.25 inches solid. These will make the car go down the 1/4 mile straight with the right setup which may require rear air bags and other adjustments. A drag sway bar will make the rear end very loose for handling.

I personally would recommend the Strano hollow bars as they are lighter and result in a very balanced, controllable car as long as there are not any other problems. I bought an adjustable rear sway bar, unfortunately the hollow ones were not available when I bought my solid one as I wanted adjustability for autocross, street and drag racing. The non adjustable hollow rear Strano sway bar is lighter than the adjustable one and cheaper but you don;t have the adjustability. It comes down to a personal opinion on what you want your car to do. I would recommend giving Sam Strano a call if you have further questions, as he has been very helpful on the phone to me. Just my $0.02 worth.
    02 Camaro SS, 35th Anniversary Limited Edition #1021, 6-speed, T-Tops, 345HP SLP option, CME, 3.73's, J&M LCA's, UMI 3-pt SFC's, Strano springs, KONI SA's, Strano 35mm front sway bar, Hellwig adjustable rear sway bar, Hawk HPS, UMI adjustable PHB

black
    1998 transam ws6

you'll love the bilstein shocks. for half the money as koni can't beat them

Red
    98 Trans Am

Well im keeping my eyes peeled for bilstein.
    Got AC Delco 12.8 C5 Drilled rotors coming, a present from my dad. brackets on their way as well. ordering some Hawks HPS front and rear pads soon. just waiting on a good deal to show its self. When time comes sooner for runnin on the RING i might switch to the ferro race pads temporaly.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Got my c5 Brackets!! they look good. Powdercoated black. heavy little buggers. These are the ones that you DONT have to cut your spindals. Makes me happy. Now waiting on the front rotors and Pads. also gonna do rear brakes while im at it. Pictures will follow soon. hopefully shocks will be in my near futre too and i can do both at the same time while im under there.

Red
    98 Trans Am

ANd heres s pic

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Where did you buy that from?

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by bene View Post
    Where did you buy that from?
    wheres else? ebay lol

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Stainless lines will make your stopping more consistent, it will make a difference if you like the twisties.
    If you can drop an item and go for koni sa.

Red
    98 Trans Am

I would love to get Konis and call it a day but alas. Im looking into stainless brake lines as well.

Red
    98 Trans Am

rotors are almost here. Got drilled and slotted all around. Pads are being the only issue. so expensize for such little things. So far the lowest i can find for hawks is 153 for all four corners.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Got paint for my calipers yesterday. Red for the calipers and stainless steel silver for the brackets. Should look good. Pics will follow soon

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

If you do any sort of hard driving drilled rotors are more prone to cracking. People who road race these cars go with blanks on this caliper setup.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information