Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bilstein SLP shock/strut users experiences?

This is a discussion on Bilstein SLP shock/strut users experiences? within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by The Guz This is correct. Although you can use either one with stock springs. The springs in ...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    This is correct. Although you can use either one with stock springs. The springs in the SLP package lower the car about 3/4". Some have said that the rear sits lower with the SLP eibachs.

Black
    1998 Black TA WS6

Whats the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by transamtom View Post
    The WS6 Pkg was installed by SLP at plant close to the GM St Therese Plant from 1996-2000.

ASC Corporation did the 2001-2002 cars.
    Ok but what would be the difference in the shocks so that they are listed to not fit the 01-02 cars which I have not heard had different stock shocks?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 NBM

Bilsteins site states that the Bilstein B8 sport is valves for lowering springs. But I know slot of people who run the Bilstein B6 HD (Bilstein SLP) with lowering springs. That is what I have and love the setup.
    Diablo Sport Predator Performance Tune | TB Bypass | Bilstein HD Shocks | Eibach Pro Kit | UMI SFC | UMI Rear LCA's and brackets | UMI adj PHB, UMI Front/Rear Sway Bars |UMI Strut Tower Brace | SLP Lid | SLP Loud Mouth with quad tips | High output alt

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    From what I've gathered, HD's are for stock springs and Bilstein Sport (SP's) are for lowering springs.
    Thats right. And why i have HD's. I dont think you could buy new stock shocks for the price of the HD's.

Black
    1998 Black TA WS6

I think I will go with the HD's. They are a sure thing and should work fine. Then keep the original ones. That would leave me with a 100% stock car save for tires and shocks yet give me the advantages of the tires and shocks. It sounds just right for my purposes.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 NBM

Quote Originally Posted by thomasterrible View Post
    I think I will go with the HD's. They are a sure thing and should work fine. Then keep the original ones. That would leave me with a 100% stock car save for tires and shocks yet give me the advantages of the tires and shocks. It sounds just right for my purposes.
    Sounds like you got it together. I was going to keep my car stock at one point, but it is to much fun doing upgrades and mods.

Black
    1998 Black TA WS6

Yeah I had thought about tons of upgrades including blower, suspension etc. but the cost would be so high and the car would not be worth more. Not having a lot of money contributed to the decision also. Right now my 98 has about 34K miles and is all stock with no major flaws, no dents, no scratches I know of, one of the tabs on the ashtray lid is broken so I will order a new one, but I feel it is in pretty nice condition. It is my daily driver so I do enjoy it. I paid 10,500 for it and am guessing it is worth about what I paid right now and should be if I keep from too many miles on it or make any mods. Just having a car not lose value is unusual enough. I don't have delusions that it will increase in value but I am good with it like this. I don't know what my financial situation in the future will allow so until I do know that stability is good to have. But sure I totally agree like you said it would be tons of fun to hot rod it up.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 NBM

Well good luck. You are an owner of a great car. If you do plan on upgrading your car in the future, this is the place to get great assistance with your projects.

Black
    1998 Black TA WS6

Thanks. It took a long time to save the money and long time to find this car within my firm budget I had saved up for, the condition and low miles were why I chose it. I had been looking at used WS6's for months when I finally put a wanted ad on CL and got a reply from a collector in Oregon (I live near Seattle) that had this car which was not listed for sale anywhere, but even had new GSD3's like I wanted so I went down and drove it home. No regrets.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 NBM

You should post some pics on the Show Your Birds thread

Black
    1998 Black TA WS6

Ok, I don't know how interesting it will be since it is stock but sure. This time of year the trees are releasing huge amounts of pollen so my black paint looks dirty the day after I wash it. I will take pics right after a detail which I have been waiting to find the time to do. It is a good idea though because I don't have any photos at all right now so if something were to happen to it I would have nothing. Also probably a good idea if something bad happened and I had to prove the condition for the insurance company. My first car way back when I was 16 was a 1971 Mustang Mach One. I really wish I had pictures of it to go along with the memories. I loved that car and spent a lot of time making it nice. I wish I still had it though the TA is a much better car in just about every way. For birds I had a red 83 TA that I don't miss. I did really like my white 87 formula though, it had the performance package too, it was in great condition and I got it for some crazy deal like 800 bucks about 5 years ago. Some idiot crashed it for me about two weeks after I bought it so I did not have that one very long. Come to think of it I don't think I have any photos of either of the Vette's I used to own either. Oh well at least I can start now. I also wish I had pics of all my motorcycles. At least one of the 87 Yamaha FZX 700S Fazer, I had more fun on that than any other. Especially with digital cameras it is so easy to do. That's a really good suggestion. Thanks for bringing it up I will do that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information