White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Bilstein Shock & Pro Kits

Well i went on a nice canyon rd the other day and not pushing the car hard just enough to get a feel of how my suspension feels. Basically trying to find out what else would the car need. Well i was shocked because the car on normal driving doesnt feel like its a great handler at all so i wasnt expecting much at all going through some corners and my friend had his doubts, he is a major japanese car lover and hates the way american cars handle. Well i took a few corners and the car handled extremely flat, like all of the tire is being used properly and flat to the surface of the road. The cars turn in was good but could be quicker and a bit more flat on initial turn in. Funny thing is when i normally drive around town the car feels it really needs SFC's but when i took it on a few corners i never thought about them.

I know how SFC's work and ive had them on 3 of the 5 camaro's ive had so it makes a difference for me as far as confidence because the car feels more solid. Coming off the corners the car gripped really well but could use LCA's to get a bit better traction coming off the corners. Either way this may seem like im complaining about the handling but the handling was very good and i was pleasantly shocked. Even my friend was like this car takes S corners and dives into corners which he wasnt expecting and has tremendous amount of grip with very good predictability before it doesnt anything you dont want it to do. Either way im gonna get Strano front and rear sway bars and 3 point SFC's and go back but this time go harder and see if it needs anything else. I will also have to mention the sumitomo tires are not the best tires ive had, i thought the last tires i had were bad at 275 width but these are much worse and expected much better from a tire at 315 wide. This will effect handling majorly and my judgment overall so i tried real hard knowing and figuring out whats causing the car to handle good or bad wether its tires or suspension components. Also needed to mention the steering wheel sucks bad lol, it seems like its too big and gets in the way. I might have to change that down the road but not in a hurry.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 05-23-2009 at 12:20 PM.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I have the same set up. You need SFC #1. Swaybars will make a difference on hard turns. Also, when you do the LCA, install a LCA relocation kit. That will make a difference too. Tires are another big thing. Those Sumo's are not the best. I have those on right now too. They're alright. For the price, they're great for regular driving. I love the way the Eibachs handle. I need to change my swaybars, I hate mine. Next I'll probably change out the rear shocks to Strange and get some 275 drag radials on my ws6 wheels. S turns aren't my problem, a straight line is my goal right now.
    01 TA WS6: Volant CAI, custom ram-air baffle mod, custom borla, BMR-(SFC, LCA, LCA reloc, PH rod,TQ Arm), UMI swaybars, Eibach + Bilsteins, TTM Anth, SS brakelines, 160 deg therm, 3.73 gears, Yank 3400 stall, Yank Crsmbr, Hayden 24k, Trans Go shiftkit, ported TB + MAF...soon to be cam/heads

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Ya i will be definitly getting the relo. brackets, its a must especially on a lowered car when your putting on LCA's. I think with just sway bars and sfc's i should be pretty happy with the car and then decide from there. LOL, i wish i can go wider tires out back but it rubs a bit on the passenger side as is. In the future i wouldnt mind getting my fenders done so i can go 345's out back.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by 1TA LS1 View Post
    Those Sumo's are not the best.
    HUGE understatement.
    They are about the worst.

Strano springs, Koni SA's, SFC's, and panhard bar.
    Enjoy.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Even though they are wide out back, its just feels like sticky 245's instead of 315's. Tires make a huge difference and once im done torching these tires ill be getting some new ones. Whats the best tire for the money 315's ?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Even though they are wide out back, its just feels like sticky 245's instead of 315's. Tires make a huge difference and once im done torching these tires ill be getting some new ones. Whats the best tire for the money 315's ?
    I am no tire expert...and I have a decent amount of power I try to hook up. I run Nitto DR's for the street with my car.
    They don't handle all that well.

It really depends on what you want, and what you want to spend. BFG KD's are great, along with several other tires.

Thread Information