Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2000 Trans Am

Best torque arm to buy?

Hey everyone i need to get more traction, what is the best torque arm to buy , adjustable or non adjustable and also are they easy to install? And where is the best place to buy them from thanks in advance chris.
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

umi performance ..great product...adjustable ..and they are relatively easy to install

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

I have been happy with BMR. Check our sponsors.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    umi performance ..great product...adjustable ..and they are relatively easy to install
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    I have been happy with BMR. Check our sponsors.
    What exactly does a torque arm do anyways, and will it help me to achieve better traction, any other answers to help me get better traction would be greatly appreciated as well.~Chris

98' trans am

adj lca and relocation brackets will help you greatly..along with good set of shocks and springs..the t/a will help but not as much as the lca and ect.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    adj lca and relocation brackets will help you greatly..along with good set of shocks and springs..the t/a will help but not as much as the lca and ect.
    adjustable lower control arms and relocation brackets? ok now i'm totally confused where can I buy these at and are they easy for me to install? also how will i know which way to adjust the control arms?

2000 Trans Am

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    He said ADJUSTABLE.

98' trans am

adjustable lower control arms and relocation brackets? ok now i'm totally confused where can I buy these at and are they easy for me to install? also how will i know which way to adjust the control arms?
    umiperformance.com when there send an email to them if you have any questions..the lowest location is for lowered cars..the second location is for stock riding height..if umi isnt your thing go with what eugenio said...hes a Canadian.

White
    2001 Z28

I sell UMI (and use it). I'm also a site sponsor.....

I use a pretty standard $299 full length, adjustable TA. I don't think you need anything fancy. Some folks do think that way, but I'm not one and have a lot of results to prove it.

I'd recommend this if you want adjustable: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=18&ModelID=7

I'd recommend this if you want simple non-adjustable: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=18&ModelID=7

And you want to get the TA off the tailshaft (some do) I recommend somthing like this--note that there are different versions, this is an LS1/6-speed part number: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=18&ModelID=7
    Sam Strano
    SCCA National Champion (x6)
    SCCA ProSolo Class Champion (x5)
    2009 SCCA ProSolo Overall Champion
    Owner--Strano Performance Parts
    814-849-3450

Maple Red
    2000 TA

Hey everyone i need to get more traction, what is the best torque arm to buy , adjustable or non adjustable and also are they easy to install? And where is the best place to buy them from thanks in advance chris.
    I just had a BMR Track Pak installed. Word of warning!! IF your car is lowered, think twice. My car now only has two inches of clearance between the new cross member and the ground. I'm going to have to lift my car if I want any hope of going over speed bumps. Hell, I can't even get into my garage without ramps.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Strano View Post

I use a pretty standard $299 full length, adjustable TA. I don't think you need anything fancy. Some folks do think that way, but I'm not one and have a lot of results to prove it.

I'd recommend this if you want adjustable: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=18&ModelID=7

I'd recommend this if you want simple non-adjustable: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=18&ModelID=7

And you want to get the TA off the tailshaft (some do) I recommend somthing like this--note that there are different versions, this is an LS1/6-speed part number: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=18&ModelID=7
    i say lisen to the man he know what needs done to proform and a nice guy to deal with i got my sfc' , springs, and pan rod form him. by the way strano what ta do you run on your car?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Strano View Post

Thats an awesome adjustable t/a right there. Which way should I go though. Adj or Non Adj. I plan on upgrading to a diff rear end, when money becomes right.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

A friend has a UMI on his Ws6 and has had no problems. I have Spohn Eng. on my SS and really like it, but its a little noise. Tho I don't mind because I'm running Rod ends on all my suspension points. Trust Sam he well not lead you astray.
    1998 Camaro SS Hard Coupe Bright Red #1593
    Mods: Lots!!, still my daily driver except for winter
    383rwhp 370rwft/lbs

1979 Corvette
    Mods Lots!!, weekend cruiser
    325rwhp and 320rwft/lbs

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 (Yes its got a HEMI)
    Mods: Catback, BFI CAI, Winter daily driver

White
    2001 Z28

I run a UMI full length adjustable arm...

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

thanks strano im going to get one here sone

White
    2001 Z28

My pleasure... If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. I try to make sure my service is the best it can be becaue a lot of us sell similar parts.

Bright Rally Red
    01 Camaro SS M6

I didn't catch if anyone already said this but, if your car is lowered or you plan to lower it in the future you need a adjustable one to correct the pinion angle, along with LCA relocation brackets.

Is that correct Sam?

White
    2001 Z28

I don't feel every car needs LCA relocation brackets. I sell those too, and there are times we have to use them, or want to use them. But my car is lowered, with my springs in fact, and I do not have them. And FWIW, have no wheelhop issues either. Cars that get drag raced more often want them because they can move the instant center backward helping traction a bit. But doing that also monkeys with the suspension geometry in roll and can make for some interesting handling. For those that do both drag and want the car to handle as well as it can, we can use them--but we recommend changing LCA settings for the track.

On the torque arm. Generally I recommend adjustable lowered or not. Some cars are more fickle on pinion angle than others and while most cars can be lowered using a stock or non-adjustable TA and have no trouble, others have lots of vibration due to the ending pinion angle. Plus a little down angle can help plant the rear tires a little harder on launch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information