Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Best Shocks and Springs for the $$$??

This is a discussion on Best Shocks and Springs for the $$$?? within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; BS to all that say they dont notice a STB doing anything,, the STB was my first install and I ...

Red
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

BS to all that say they dont notice a STB doing anything,,

the STB was my first install and I took it out on the curvey roads in my area and I felt a diff,,

Was it lots,NO,,it was not like a comparison of coffee to meth,,was it a diff,,,YES,,

Also,,,to those that dont feel it,,,no problem,,like I said,,I felt a diff,,which means its doing something to tighten up things,,does this equate to better handling,,WHO can really say,,,since on the back roads (not a nice smooth race track) what makes your car tighter cant be bad...
    Last edited by TerribleTed; 08-25-2010 at 06:50 AM.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTed View Post
    BS to all that say they dont notice a STB doing anything,,

the STB was my first install and I took it out on the curvey roads in my area and I felt a diff,,

Was it lots,NO,,it was not like a comparison of coffee to meth,,was it a diff,,,YES,,

Also,,,to those that dont feel it,,,no problem,,like I said,,I felt a diff,,which means its doing something to tighten up things,,does this equate to better handling,,WHO can really say,,,since on the back roads (not a nice smooth race track) what makes your car tighter cant be bad...
    that is the key right there...your first install...how many miles were on the car when you did it...decarbons suck ..you will feel a difference when you slap it on a subpar suspension set up..or at least think you feel it.....you put real shocks,springs and sway bar end links on and you wont notice shit from the stb..on or off...it has been proven again and again that the suspension setup and design of the car makes the stb pointless on late 4th gen cars...period...that is why the people who race and make their lifes about suspension for these cars 1. dont run stb..and 2. laugh when people come in and say a stb works and ignore their posts and such...

black
    1999 camaro SS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information