Cool Beefing up chassis and/or suspension...

I was thinking about jumping on the bus to installing some subframe connectors. I was looking through the sponsors and found a few listings, but some of these prices are a bit...expensive for just pieces of metal. Either way, I was going to get boxed weld ins..hopefully.

Along with subframe connectors comes the need for a panhard rod or panhard relocation kit. I am hoping to get exhaust in the future, duals to be precise, but last time I went to a shop, they pointed out that the stock panhard was in the way. My question is...these panhard relocation kits, where is the panhard being "relocated" or is it being removied? Does this kit include a panhard or does it eliminate the need for one? THIS is the foggiest part of my decision...I do NOT know shit about panhards. Since I know nothing about them, if I was going to get a panhard, it would be a non-adjustable one.

Car is for drag racing from time to time, no road racing.
    99 T/A M6
    LS6 intake, Hooker Coated Long Tubes, Y-pipe w/1 carsound cat, Hooker Catback, MTi Clear Lid, FRA w/ Holley Power Shot, ASP crank pulley, 1.8 RRs, 3.73s w/TA girdle & Eaton Differential, Granatelli SFCs, Pro 5.0 Shifter, LS6 Clutch, Diablo, TByrnes Maf Ends (in winter), All the Free Mods

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Panhard bars are used to help locate a solid rear axle under a vehicle. The bar is mounted across the vehicle. one end connected to the rear axle housing and the other end connected to the body. During cornering or sideways movements the bar keeps the axle located laterally under the body. i'd hit up adjustable becuase the longer the better. i'm not sure about the relocation kits tho sorry.
    mods- suncoast creations hood with functional lt1 style airbox, ls6 intake, QTP longtube headers, QTP ORY, UMI SFC, Adj. LCA with relo brackets, UMI adj. panhard bar, Koni SA and strano springs,Torq Thrust M 17s 9.5 and 10.5 with nitto 555Rs, tuned by Frost
    Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    sometimes you get owned, sometimes you own.

Thanks for that info.

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

Here some of my pics. Hope it helps some. Adjustable bar really helps if car has been lowered.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

the upper panhard brace doesn't need to be replaced when running duals. i have bassani 2.5" tru-duals on both of my cars with the stock upper panhard brace. dual 3" would need a relocation bar.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    the upper panhard brace doesn't need to be replaced when running duals. i have bassani 2.5" tru-duals on both of my cars with the stock upper panhard brace. dual 3" would need a relocation bar.
    What exactly does this include? What are the risks, benefits, downfalls, sacrafices?

By the way, I am going ahead and jumping onto the SFC wagon. I went ahead and took advantage of Granatelli's overstocked weld in tubular SFCs. I figured some SFCs would be better than none and I couldnt pass up the price.

I dont know, theres just something about paying close to $200 for 2 sheets of metal that are NOT moving parts that makes me sick..

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

look in the first provided by cobrahunter. you'll see two black bars. the top one with three bolts holding it to the body is the upper panhard brace. that bar travels over to the passenger side. it bolts just above the actual panhard bar. (see pic below). for the life of me, i really see no need for it at all. that upper bar gets in the way if you want dual 3" pipes. BMR makes a tubular one that is bent to give more clearance for exhaust.

here is the BMR relocation kit

for $219.95, this is what you get.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

If I might recommend, some lower control arms would probably serve you better at this point than an aftermarket panhard. The LCAs help improve traction from a launch.

As mentioned earlier, an adjustable panhard is necessary if the car has been lowered to re-center the rearend. The benefit of the upper panhard and relocation is to allow for clearance to run true duals over the axle.

When I was putting my suspension together, I went in this order:

Boxed weld in sub-frame connectors
    Boxed lower control arms
    Lowering springs
    Chromoly adjustable panhard(chromoly for weight savings)
    KYB adjustable shocks
    Strut tower brace(can be done in any order)
    Drive shaft safety loop
    Adjustable torque arm(adjustable due to being lowered)

I am going to be doing the upper panhard and relocation next as well. I hope this helps your decision making some.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Thread Information