Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bad Wheel Hop During Launch

This is a discussion on Bad Wheel Hop During Launch within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; Yep.... http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=20&ModelID=7 And I ship them for free (ground to the 48 states only)....

White
    2001 Z28

Yep....

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=20&ModelID=7

And I ship them for free (ground to the 48 states only).
    Sam Strano
    SCCA National Champion (x6)
    SCCA ProSolo Class Champion (x5)
    2009 SCCA ProSolo Overall Champion
    Owner--Strano Performance Parts
    814-849-3450

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Do I need to consider anything if I have the car lowered by 1-1/2"?

White
    2001 Z28

You know, I don't think we're getting much of anywhere but around in circles. I think it's time you pick up the phone and have a real conversation with someone because it's becoming clear to me you aren't getting answers you want or need by forums. That's common and why I cringe when folks want internet advice.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Strano View Post
    What about it? Great for adjusting the body, doesn't do anything for wheelhop.
    You are the expert in suspension stuff so I take your word for it, but when looking up adjustable panhard rods, for instance RK Sport says that they give better traction on acceleration....My suspension is all stock, but I have been researching on what to get i.e shocks springs, relocation brackets, torgue arm etc. so I guess the panhard rod would be a waste of money?

White
    2001 Z28

Lots of things get said on the web... doesn't make them true. Tell me how a PHB will help with wheelhop or traction? They don't change your geometry, or instant center.

Are they a waste? No, upgrading to a stiffer PHB has uses--- this just isn't one of those cases. IMHO.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Lots of things get said on the web... doesn't make them true. Tell me how a PHB will help with wheelhop or traction? They don't change your geometry, or instant center.

Are they a waste? No, upgrading to a stiffer PHB has uses--- this just isn't one of those cases. IMHO.
    I appreciate the info. and will be talking to you as soon as I get some extra money to upgrade my suspension.....

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

The things I posted were merely the things I had changed. Some of them I changed to reduce wheel hop, and some I changed to improve my 60'. I listed them all because they were changed. Already knew the OP had a aftermarket TQ arm, LCAs, 9" etc.

If OP has relocation brackets, LCA's, BMR TQ arm, what would be left to change? A stock shock is junk, no doubt about it. But the stock, 16,000 mile shock shouldnt be wasted correct? Where would you go with this setup? Shocks shouldnt play a factor here as they are at least not a 100,000 mile shock.

White
    2001 Z28

16k mile shocks might not be wasted.... but they don't have to be "wasted" to not be able to damp effectively. I'm no fan of stock shocks to be sure, but there are so many iterations of them with different valvings, and none are great. Add to that he's got most everything else and still has an issue, which leads me to think the shocks can't deal with the unsprung weight well enough.

And fwiw, my car blew up a power steering rack with 1800 miles on it (not 18,000, not 180,000). Normal? No, but it happens. What's to say that he doesn't have a borderline or just junk shock?

Zweeet
    For what it's worth, 8 years ago I was getting bad wheel hop on the street when I upgraded the stock wheels/tires on my "new" Z28. I consulted Sam and he suggested upgrading the LCA's and getting heavy-duty Bilstein rear shocks. Remember this was 8 years ago. And its a convertible (different chassis than yours).

I did what he told me, and the car never hopped again.

Also, I bought the parts from Sam. His price was not the rock bottom cheapest, but his price was fair, and fair being fair, I owed him for the free advice.

BTW, my sig says I'm a fairly new member, but I was actually a member back when this forum got started--I got booted at some point for inactivity--so had to re-join.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information