Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Adjustable Panhard Bar

This is a discussion on Adjustable Panhard Bar within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; Well since I'm lowered with the Eibach Prokit it's probably time to think about getting a adj. panhard bar. What ...

  1. #1
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Adjustable Panhard Bar

    Well since I'm lowered with the Eibach Prokit it's probably time to think about getting a adj. panhard bar. What should I get? I don't know much about these things so any input helps. Thanks guys

  2. #2
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    umi single adj. on car. and use the roto joints

  3. #3
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,576

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    ^^ Agree.

  4. #4
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Haven't tries the roto joints
    I have polys and like them but have heard great things about the roto joints
    Dont get the spherical rod ends, they're noisy as hell

  5. #5
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    umi single adj. on car. and use the roto joints
    PM sent

  6. #6
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Check KY speed
    UMI makes great stuff

  7. #7
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Check KY speed
    UMI makes great stuff
    I didnt realize UMI was a sponsor here. http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=357 is this what i need?

  8. #8
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Yes they are but you can get the UMI stuff from KY Speed

  9. #9
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    I didnt realize UMI was a sponsor here. http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=357 is this what i need?
    Exactly what you want

  10. #10
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Exactly what you want
    any advantages of ordering through either one?

  11. #11
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Yes they are but you can get the UMI stuff from KY Speed
    why?

  12. #12
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    any advantages of ordering through either one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    why?
    Pm mark at kyspeed on this site and he could probably get you a better deal
    Worth asking

  13. #13
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    how in need is a new torque arm since the car is lowered and is there anything else i need? i am really pissed at myself for buying the prokit instead of stranos

    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Pm mark at kyspeed on this site and he could probably get you a better deal
    Worth asking
    i will do that. thanks
    Last edited by 2001camaroSS; 11-16-2010 at 11:07 PM.

  14. #14
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,576

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Getting the torque arm off the back of the transmission is a good thing. For the strip you would want to consider a tunnel mount. However, it tends to be a bit noisier than other setups and in extreme braking wheel hop is possible. Check out the other styles on UMI's website. Just be sure it is going to be compatible with your current (and possibly future) exhaust systems.

  15. #15
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,466

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    If your car is lowered, then your TA pinion angle is probably off. Lowering the car changes the suspension geometry.

    You "should" get an adjustable TA and also relocation brackets for your lower control arms if you don't have them already. Your instant center needs to be brought back to the correct position.

    Also, with a lowered car now, that PHB is probably not going to be parallel to the ground when your suspension is loaded. You want the PHB to be as parallel to the ground as possible for the way that it works. If you see yours isn't because of how much you're dropped, you might also want to look into the relocation kit for it.

    It's never easy or cheap

  16. #16
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,576

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    It's never easy or cheap


  17. #17
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    how in need is a new torque arm since the car is lowered and is there anything else i need? i am really pissed at myself for buying the prokit instead of stranos



    i will do that. thanks
    replied btw.

    ok well now that you are lowered..you need or should..depending on who you talk to...replace all non adjustable rear suspension pieces. so the list goes (using umi stuff..which i strongly suggest)

    adjustable lower control arms with roto joints
    here
    lower control arm relocation bracket
    here
    adj. panhard bar ON CAR ADJUSTABLE!!!!! with rotojoints
    here
    adj. torque arm (this requires some thought tho..you need to figure out what you want from the car...if you are into hpe and or autox get the long arm torque arm with the relocation bracket. if you are heavy into drag racing then the short arm kit is your cup of tea...if you are a weekend warrior with a little of both..it is up to you on your tolerance of road noise and vibration)

    a optional buy is the panhard relocation bracket ..this one is really up to you..a added benefit is the ability to run larger exhaust pipe out the back with the relo bracket
    here

  18. #18
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    replied btw.

    ok well now that you are lowered..you need or should..depending on who you talk to...replace all non adjustable rear suspension pieces. so the list goes (using umi stuff..which i strongly suggest)

    adjustable lower control arms with roto joints
    here
    lower control arm relocation bracket
    here
    adj. panhard bar ON CAR ADJUSTABLE!!!!! with rotojoints
    here
    adj. torque arm (this requires some thought tho..you need to figure out what you want from the car...if you are into hpe and or autox get the long arm torque arm with the relocation bracket. if you are heavy into drag racing then the short arm kit is your cup of tea...if you are a weekend warrior with a little of both..it is up to you on your tolerance of road noise and vibration)

    a optional buy is the panhard relocation bracket ..this one is really up to you..a added benefit is the ability to run larger exhaust pipe out the back with the relo bracket
    here
    damn. my car is just a cruiser and strictly that. don't go to the track, no autox, just drive the car on nice days with spirited driving. so all of this is needed to center the car back to where its supposed to be.

  19. #19
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    damn. my car is just a cruiser and strictly that. don't go to the track, no autox, just drive the car on nice days with spirited driving. so all of this is needed to center the car back to where its supposed to be.

    well remember when you lower..you not only change its horizontal orientation but also its longitudinal and depth also...

    with what you just put as a street cruiser..nvh is a big concern. so stay with the long arm. and the relocation if you want..but as you wont be launching it is up to you...id still watch that tailshaft of yours tho if you dont relocate.

    a adj panhard is still needed and at least the lca relocation bracket also.

    i DD my car and suspension wise it is completely fine..my exhaust on the other hand hangs low and is resting on my k member which drives me crazy.

    but my car is incredibly fun to drive..especially around curves and even launching
    mods- suncoast creations hood with functional lt1 style airbox, ls6 intake, QTP longtube headers, QTP ORY, UMI SFC, Adj. LCA with relo brackets, UMI adj. panhard bar, Koni SA and strano springs,Torq Thrust M 17s 9.5 and 10.5 with nitto 555Rs, tuned by Frost
    Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    sometimes you get owned, sometimes you own.

  20. #20
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    well remember when you lower..you not only change its horizontal orientation but also its longitudinal and depth also...

    with what you just put as a street cruiser..nvh is a big concern. so stay with the long arm. and the relocation if you want..but as you wont be launching it is up to you...id still watch that tailshaft of yours tho if you dont relocate.

    a adj panhard is still needed and at least the lca relocation bracket also.

    i DD my car and suspension wise it is completely fine..my exhaust on the other hand hangs low and is resting on my k member which drives me crazy.

    but my car is incredibly fun to drive..especially around curves and even launching
    so should i start with these? or should i get the adj. CAs as well?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: Adjustable Panhard Bar
    By 01WS6 in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-18-2010, 05:48 AM
  2. Panhard Rod Adjustable vs. Non-Adjustable
    By seppburgh in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-22-2008, 05:18 PM
  3. adjustable or non adjustable panhard?
    By Z28LS1 in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-12-2007, 03:07 PM
  4. Adjustable Panhard Rod wanted: 98 Z28
    By smkeater911 in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-03-2006, 09:09 PM
  5. WTB: Non-adjustable panhard bar
    By Warbird in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-23-2005, 11:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •