Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

9 inch and rear suspension

Just need a little help from anyone who has experienced issues after a Moser 9" install...

It seems the spring mounts welded to the Moser 9" sit higher than factory. Thus, my ass end is up in the air a couple inches. I have LCA's, panhard AND panhard relocation bar, and torque arm, ALL non-adjustable... This is why I think I'll have issues with trying to lower the ass back down. It's not a huge issue, so I haven't really cared about it since the install... 2 years ago, but I want to correct the issue eventually.

Anyone else have this issue, and if so, what did you do to correct it? And I swear if someone suggest to get bigger tires to fill the wheel well, I'll just snap!

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I noticed this as well on my car. I ended up getting Strano springs with Koni shocks last summer and the drop from the Strano's gives it a perfect stance now.

Back when I was thinking about getting a Moser rear-end, someone sent me a PM telling me about this issue. Let me see if I still have it.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I noticed this as well on my car. I ended up getting Strano springs with Koni shocks last summer and the drop from the Strano's gives it a perfect stance now.

Back when I was thinking about getting a Moser rear-end, someone sent me a PM telling me about this issue. Let me see if I still have it.
    Thanks Jon! I was debating on the Koni/stranos as well but wasn't too sure because of the lack of adjustability from my rear suspension, if that would be a concern.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

From him (there was some other info related to 60' times, but I left it in there for your reading)

I did note that the car sat up like a tank when i swapped rears.... well the springs sit higher on the rear then what they did on the 7.625... quick fix take the spring rubbers off and replace it with ploy mustang 5.0,,, 3/8 tall compared to the 2.5 inch stock ones...

i got a set of drag springs off my buddy's mustang just the rears and put them in with the air bag helper spring and take the sway bar off the front of the car and she hooks a ton better......

u dont have to get drag springs just use ur stock rear springs and put bags in them... but u want 2 bags one in each... 10 psi in one and 35 in the right rear.. that will keep the car from tilting to the right when its not tilted u have the same force on both rear tires.. ur car my not lean now but when u take the sway bar off it lets the body to move weight more, if u get ur foot timing down u can pull the tires up on ur set up.... as for the 275 springs i did that to make the car sit lower and have more compressed spring(stored energy) so when u bring the weight up its got more pop to it... it dont help to much because once it go's up it comes down as fast as it goes up due to the stock shocks, get qa1 b4 u get springs.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Well if it helps you any, I don't have adjustable LCA's and my wheel sits pretty centered in the wheel well after being lowered.

I do have an adjustable torque arm and PHB though. Your pinion angle will change slightly when you lower and this may or may not hurt your launch/traction.

Also, when you lower your car, the rear end will probably favor the driver's side some. It does even at stock height. As you know, the only way to re-center it would be to get an adjustable PHB.

Thread Information