Thread: 01 Z28 Handling

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

01 Z28 Handling

Well my old 2001 M3 would do the same exact thing that my 01 Z28 is doing now. On my old M3 the rear end of the car would guide the front end into the turn especially on tight corners. Meaning the rear end would skip out not lose control or slide but would swing out to the point were it would easily point the front end into a corner as if its diving into a corner and felt like every bit of the tire is to the road. I have to admit when the car was stock my Z28 it was pretty bad in the handling department and thought i had a long way to go.

After installing my Eibach springs coupled with the bilstein shocks it already came with, adjustable panhard bar and 17x9.5 front and 17x11's out back the car has really woke up in the corners no doubt and suprises me everytime i throw it in a corner. I still have a way to go but i think with better tires, SFC's and Sway bars i will be more then happy with the handling of the car. I never thought our cars would handle this well, especially my 93Z i had way more handling mods done to it but still not handle as well as my 01Z i have now. I think the wider tires and bilstein shocks really helped it out.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I felt a bigger difference in the swap of my front sway bar then I did with the shocks and springs oddly enough.

Thread Information