01' z28 BMR control arms moving

This is a discussion on 01' z28 BMR control arms moving within the Suspension and Handling forums, part of the General Help category; hey there, i've got an 01' z28 moser 12 bolt Bmr lowers, the problem is the drivers side of the ...

red
    2001 slp camaro

01' z28 BMR control arms moving

hey there, i've got an 01' z28 moser 12 bolt Bmr lowers, the problem is the drivers side of the rearend moves forward a bit when you let out the clutch (like 1/2")... all bolts are tight, and you can see looking at front mount where the rubber bushing is moving back and forth????? so under acceleration at the track car pulls right under power and left when suspension is unloaded.. how can i fix this?? maybe weld a plate into the rear control arm mount so it cant move forward???? anyone else have a similar issue??
    BOWTIY

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

is it only the driver's side? tighten the bolt more. if that doesn't stop it, then replace the bushing.

red
    2001 slp camaro

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    is it only the driver's side? tighten the bolt more. if that doesn't stop it, then replace the bushing.
    apparently the fact that we orderd the rearend with a locker in it is where the problem lies, lockers dont lock until one axle moves first, i guess its the drivers side that turns first...i was told replace the locker w/a posi unit my prob will be gone
    BOWTIY

White
    2001 Z28

Ahhhh.. sounds like a crock to me. You have control arms *moving*. They are control arms, not *un*control arms. It the bolt hole is not all wallowed out, the problem lies with the arm itself. It doesn't matter if you have a open diff, an LSD or a Locker, tires gain and lose traction all the time under different conditions. Your axle needs to be held in place properly. The bushing is most likely worn out. And a situation like this where you have lot of power and stick is one that warrants running rod-ends at both ends of the control arm for minimum deflection.

It's time to change arms, clearly those aren't doing the job....

I'd recommend these at minimum: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=18&ModelID=7

If the car is really run hard and used for more drag racing than anything, then I'd like to see you on these: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=18&ModelID=7

And if want to save a little weight, these being Chrome-Moly: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=18&ModelID=7

The double-adjustables are also available with offset spacers to help clear larger tires.
    Sam Strano
    SCCA National Champion (x6)
    SCCA ProSolo Class Champion (x5)
    2009 SCCA ProSolo Overall Champion
    Owner--Strano Performance Parts
    814-849-3450

Thread Information