Black
    2000 Trans-Am

Angry Why Do We All Have Problems?

is it just me or do the drivtrains on these cars just plain stink?
    I've got 27000 miles and my rear-end is back in the shop for worn bearings AGAIN.
    My clutch is starting to smell....LS7 and LS2 flywheel a good replacement for stock?
    When things are working right....these cars are rocketships...really. But they never seem to be working right!
    Oh, and I'm stock 'cept for a magnaflow catback...and don't beat on the car, race it or drop the clutch ever....I rev-match all the way.....

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

If properly installed/shimmed and calibrated to the thousanths of an inch as called for....you should go much farther on OEM components under the conditions you describe. I would be more concerned about the installer that was rebuilding my rear end if I was only getting that kind of mileage out of the components....You may have a driveline out of line....I'd have them check for pitch and angle within factory specs....
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

if your clutch is smelling, you are probably not letting it out quick enough / at the right time

and as far as why we all have problems

this is because of a concept called Entropy, that is the tendency for everthing in this world to want to go to hell for lack of better term, somethings have higher/lower entropy values relating to how they hold up (aka break or not break)

Black
    2000 Trans-Am

by the way....this is a Pontiac dealership doing all the work. last time (at 15647 miles) they confirmed everything was to GM Specifications. They told me that if the noise came back, which it has, they'd probably have to change the whole rear end instead of the pinion, carrier, and side bearings.

As for the clutch, when it's fully gone, I'm probably gonna have F-Body Central install the LS7/LS2 combo with upgraded hydraulics while they're at it. Outta sight-outta mind is the way I'd like it to be...that should last me a while....any idea how much that might cost? I'm hoping about 1000....

Thread Information