Thread: what to do?

silver/black
    00 trans am,SLP,Ws6

what to do?

hey guys i have the t-56 with the optional hurst shifter.is this a short throw,and would i be better off with the b&m ripper?

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

you would be better off with a pro 5.0 if you decide to change it, i just got a hurst shifter and put on a short stick with a good knob and called it a day. Made a huge difference for me.

Navy Blue
    ls1 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    you would be better off with a pro 5.0 if you decide to change it, i just got a hurst shifter and put on a short stick with a good knob and called it a day. Made a huge difference for me.
    Did the same.. The stock hurst shifter is not bad.. however, the stick that they put is long and makes the shifts longer. I bought a lou's short stick.. not sure if they are still around but much cheaper than changing the whole shifter.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I think they are still around but if not you can easily pick up a short stick off ebay for real cheap. I actually like this set up over my old set up with the Pro 5.0 because to me it just didnt feel short enough, is the Pro 5.0 a better shifter i think it is but i think this catagory falls more on preference and i really prefer the Hurst with the short stick because the throws are very short for me. I havent missed a gear yet in it, although i did many times back in the day with my 01 SS with the factory hurst. Then again i didnt know how to drive a manual and stalled the car many times coming out of the dealer and the salesperson had to come and pick me up with my automatic Z28 trade in to teach me how to drive a manual, lol. My boss wasnt happy that i took a 2 hour lunch learning how to drive my brand new car, hehe.

silver/black
    00 trans am,SLP,Ws6

so your saying i should just change the stick ? i'm trying to get the shortest throw i can

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Yup, change the stick and in my case i even cut the short stick a few threads. If you go really short its a bit of a work getting it into gear because you lose a bit of leverage.

silver/black
    00 trans am,SLP,Ws6

I just got done putting the mgw short throw in I love it best of all it's fully adjustable from stock to a 65% reduction

Thread Information