Thread: What clutch??

Black
    2002 Camaro

What clutch??

I am looking at the possibility of installing a new clutch. I have a 02 z-28 that I recently purchased. It drove great for the first 1000 miles and at about oooohhh 1001 miles the clutch started sticking to the floor. I started doing some research around and found that the hydraulic fluid needs to be checked. WOW!!! HOLY SHITE!!! Black is not the word for what I found. It looked more like DEATH itself looking at me. Well anyways I got the fluid cleaned up and it did help a lot but.... It will still stick to the floor at random. My plans were to change out the master first and pray that the slave is ok. After the master mechanic of the house (my wife) took a look at it she said "the clutch pedal is broke and you need to fix the clutch pedal". My wife does not have a clue what that meant in my head... UPGRADES!!! She just approved the purchase of a new clutch upgrade. I am not sure what clutch to get. Let me tell you a little about the car. The guy I bought it from said it was pushing 495rwhp. I find this a little hard to believe but maybe possible. Cam heads headers exhaust and intake. I am guessing slightly over 450. I have a dyno chart for just the cam in it and it was @ 405rwhp. I drive this car on the weekends and am planning making a few runs at the track. I figure with the power I am pushing it will only be a matter of time before I need a new clutch anyways. What do ya think???

PS I don’t need a new pedal.

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

Get the Tick Performance adjustable master and a monster clutch (Less than $800 for most stages) you wont be disappointed! I have the stg 3 with my procharge Z06 and it holds up very well!
    Shawn
    Daily: 2003 MY Z06 D1SC | Toy: 2006 Hayabusa Garrett T-3 | Hauler: 2007 Nissan Titan LE CC
    I like being Blown!!

Black
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by MYSCZ06 View Post
    Get the Tick Performance adjustable master and a monster clutch (Less than $800 for most stages) you wont be disappointed! I have the stg 3 with my procharge Z06 and it holds up very well!
    is it worth the 1100-1200 it is going to cost for the master clutch kit and slave? Do you know any place that has any of the assembly on sale? What does the ajustable master do for you exactly????

Black
    2002 Camaro

Question What I have found!!!

alright I have been looking around and am wondering about a few setups.

If I went with a LS7 clutch should I stll put the ajustable master or would it be a waste on a stock clutch?

Prices I have found

LS7 w/ tick and slave $909.93

LS7 w/ stock master and slave $714.93

STG 3 MONSTER W/ tick and slave $1089.98

tax has not been included.

The car is pushing some good HP and I dont want to go through this again for a while but I just paid cash for the car 2 weeks ago and my budgets getting tight. Would long-term I be better w/ the monster or the LS7?

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddog View Post
    alright I have been looking around and am wondering about a few setups.

If I went with a LS7 clutch should I stll put the ajustable master or would it be a waste on a stock clutch?

Prices I have found

LS7 w/ tick and slave $909.93

LS7 w/ stock master and slave $714.93

STG 3 MONSTER W/ tick and slave $1089.98

tax has not been included.

The car is pushing some good HP and I dont want to go through this again for a while but I just paid cash for the car 2 weeks ago and my budgets getting tight. Would long-term I be better w/ the monster or the LS7?
    It all depends on how much power the car really has an how you drive it. If its got less than 450WHP and its basically a daily driver, the LS7 would probably hold up pretty well. However, if you're over 450WHP or you really romp on it, then you're going to need a beefier clutch than an LS7, and in that case go with the Monster.

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

Since your in texas there a couple shops that do the monster to iinclude the guys who design and develpoed teh clutch at SNL performace..go to www.monsterclutches.com and go from there I know I have seen some group purchase on the clutches for as low as $780-ish over on teh corvette forum.. long term when you get some more to add more power then go monster if you dont plan on adding any more power(yea right!!..LOL) then stick with the LS7.

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

I say monster clutch and the tick master then beat it like it owes you money

Thread Information