Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

vehicles with 3:73 or 4:11 compatable with 01 T/A

I have a 01 WS6 6spd with aluminum driveshaft from factory and ive heard came with 3:42 or 3:23 gears....what vehicle can i find at a junk yard that would have 3:73 or lower gears I could swap with mmy gears?...I heard some 4cyl 5speed S-10s has 4:11 gears that would work with my rear end?

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

If your an m6 then your have 3.42s. Dont know the correct application but it would be more reliable to buy a new set of gears, since your going to have to buy a full installation kit anyway to set the crush sleeves/pinion depth and all that crap. Any 7.5 inch s-10 should have working gear sets but you would have to go and look at the rpo door code for a corresponding gear ration that you want.. or get a 12 bolt or 9"

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    If your an m6 then your have 3.42s. Dont know the correct application but it would be more reliable to buy a new set of gears, since your going to have to buy a full installation kit anyway to set the crush sleeves/pinion depth and all that crap. Any 7.5 inch s-10 should have working gear sets but you would have to go and look at the rpo door code for a corresponding gear ration that you want.. or get a 12 bolt or 9"
    yea I didnt know about all that, im not very familiar with that kinda stuff, it is an m6, I thought I could just take the other 7.5 gears out at the junk yard and have someone put them into my rearend...whats that rpo code?....would you know how I could figure out what number car mine was and if it is an original WS6 6 speed all black on black...they were very rare I heard for a black on black in 01 with 6 speed...I want to know what number and how many were made?....thank you

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Yes. go to the firebird/ws6 section and look for the thread about ASC Numbers. Black on black was a normal option as well as 6 speed. Look through the tech stickies and lurk around and youll find all you want to know

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Yes. go to the firebird/ws6 section and look for the thread about ASC Numbers. Black on black was a normal option as well as 6 speed. Look through the tech stickies and lurk around and youll find all you want to know
    okay thanks alot

Thread Information