2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Transmission work? M6

Ok so I'm about to be pulling my trans out for a new clutch and flywheel.

Is there anything internally I should do while it's out, I've heard of people adjusting forks and synchros but undone know much about those
    LS6 intake, Pacesetters, TSP rumbler !EGR, !AIR, 295/35 BFG KDW II's, UMI Adj LCAs. Tick Master Cylinder, LS7 Clutch and flywheel, Pro 5.0, Lous short stick, Frost Tune.

Black
    '98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    Ok so I'm about to be pulling my trans out for a new clutch and flywheel.

Is there anything internally I should do while it's out, I've heard of people adjusting forks and synchros but undone know much about those
    Changing out the synchros is a hell of a task to undertake. A buddy and I replaced the synchros about 5 or 6 years ago. Took 2 full days. Make sure you have a schematic of the T56 before you go diving in that thing. The job is more tedious than it is difficult, so if you are organized, it can be done. While we were in there, we replaced the 3rd gear shift fork. Wasn't needed, but ease of mind.

My synchros are damn near shot in my tranny, but it's my daily driver, so I'm gonna have to wait til I have a week off.

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by tpilews View Post
    Changing out the synchros is a hell of a task to undertake. A buddy and I replaced the synchros about 5 or 6 years ago. Took 2 full days. Make sure you have a schematic of the T56 before you go diving in that thing. The job is more tedious than it is difficult, so if you are organized, it can be done. While we were in there, we replaced the 3rd gear shift fork. Wasn't needed, but ease of mind.

My synchros are damn near shot in my tranny, but it's my daily driver, so I'm gonna have to wait til I have a week off.
    Were can i find a schematic of a T56? Are there special tools needed for the job? How much did it cost to rebuild?

Black
    '98 Z28

not sure where to get the schematic, my buddy had it. As far as tools, nothing special. A good set of snap ring pliers.

Sunset metallic orange
    '01 Camaro SS

Yea I'm getting mine rebuilt to a stage 2. The reason being is that it threw itself outta rev. For some reason idk y, but if I were to shift from 2nd to 3rd some how like I said idk how or y but it would get stuck between 3rd & 5th it felt like it got caught in a notch of some sort. I never released the clutch tho. I'd always catch myself before I'd get the chance to do so. Which I'm very happy about cuz I think if I did it would probably explode a long time ago prolly around 45k. Now it feels like that neutral slam. When you put from park to drive & you feel that trans slam into gear. I'm getting rebuilt but did I bite off more then I could chew? Has anybody had these types of problems in their trans? And what part did it take to fix it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The sound of your piss hitting the urinal.......yea it sounds feminine!

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

to me that sounds exactly like the high RPM 3rd gear lock out we all experience...its a hydraulic issue....look up "drill mod"

Sunset metallic orange
    '01 Camaro SS

Oh ok beautiful thank you!!!! You know what when I got my spec stage 3+ installed the guy never put on clutch master cylinder ( I think that's what it's called) the one that came with the kit he said something like "the one that's on there is in perfectly good working condition so y change it" and me known very lil if anything about clutches agrees so I still the part do you think if I changed that out to the piece that it had came with originally I'll be better off? Well I guess while the trans is out at the shop it couldnt hurt right?! Or does taking the trans down have nothing to do with the clutch? Sry, I really don't know much about these things but I'm trying guys. All I know is that a dish out a boat load of money every time and the problems still persist or come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

im just getting a tick master cylinder and taking care of the problem all together.

Thread Information