More dreams than money... Cobra Killer's Avatar

White
    99 Z-28

Tranny Rattle/ Vibration

Since I have owned my Z it has always rattled or vibrated really loud when I get on it and shift. For example, 1st gear pull up to 6000 then I push in the clutch and a weird vibrating rattle that I can almost feel in mt feet it so bad. Does it in every gear above 4500 rpm. It will vibrate really fast right away and slow down/ ease up until it totally goes away after about 1.5 secs. Kinda worries cause it sounds terrible. Tell me it is the clutch so I can go ahead and flush the system and get LS7 clutch. I get terrible dead petal/ stick pedal/ pedal stuck to floor/ make me lose race pedal!!! Worst feeling and performing clutch hydraulics ever. Any ideas?

Black
    1998 Z-28

You may check your engine and transmission mounts. They could be cracked or broken, and cause it to vibrate and rattle. For the sticky pedal it could be a bad master cylinder leaking off and not holding pressure.
    98 Z: 6 speed, Comp cam, ported and polished heads, double valve springs, long tube headers.x-pipe with Bullets, Granatelli M.A.F.sensor/ lid.,and wires, 3:73's, Nitto 555R, tuned by Tennessee Motorsport. More in the future!!!

Fire
    2002 SS

If you feel a vibration in the pedal just about as you begin to feel the clutch pressure, kinda like the same frequency as the engine rpm... yep, you're screwed. Sounds like throwout bearing. Good news is that when you put in the LS7 clutch and replace the slave cylinder -it comes with the new bearing. Only adds a couple hundred $ to the job, but you have to do it while you're in there anyway. I would use OEM only, unless you already have a lift.

Thread Information