Tranny problems, need advice

For the last month my clutch has been slipping rather badly... sometimes its very apparent, i mean even light gas and the rpms will roar for a few seconds before it starts moving... sometimes its almost fine. my clutch was slipping 2 years ago when it was brand new, but it "fixed itself" in a week or so so i never looked into it. so i;ve decided i want to upgrade to a spec clutch and alum flywheel just for the hell of it, but i noticed that in 1st gear occassionally i get a really loud nasty grinding rusty metal kinda sound when engaging. it happens maybe 1ce a week, but it cant be good. it only happens when i shift into 1st, and only occassionally, but i figured id ignore it since id be getting a new clutch/flywheel soon anyway. BUT heres the thing... someone mentioned that it sounded like the snycros are going...which is causing the noise/slipping possibly... i know little about transmissions so i couldnt tell you one way or another... but i figure since i'm having the new stuff put in, id have them replace the syncros while they are in there just for shits and giggles. where can i order them, how much are they, and how long an operation is it? i'm having a garage do it so dont tell me anything particular, as i wont even be in the same building when its getting done, i dont me own work on anything drivetrain related as i fear id fuck somethin up. intake, exhuast, radio, interior, electronics... fine. load bearing hardware? pfft.

any input would be great, thanks guys!

Anyone?

Thread Information