<b>"iznuthn"2 a BOSS!</B> IZNUTHN's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ONYX BLACK
    02 Z28

Unhappy Tranny, Clutch, or Clutch Hydraulic System?

I want the answer to this question to be an in-expensive one. First, lets find out how I got the question. I had a sticky clutch pedal problem and had intended to bleed the system after I my day at work on Saturday. I had drove almost a total of two hours freeway time. I am close to my exit and I decided to over take the cars in front of me going really slow because of incoming traffic merging on. I downshifted to fifth and expected that fifth gear would be a reasonable gear to balance the speed and would be able to use that ls1 to overtake but it just high revd. The position of the stick was in fifth gear but no accelaration hi rpms. I switched back to sixth but similar results as fifth gear. By this time my car was slowing down and I tried putting it in forth and picked up like usual shifts. I made one attempt to 5th&6th and had nothing. So, 1st thru 4th are operating and REVERSE goes into gear but there is a terrible noise when I slowly release like tapping noise. So now which one might be the problem in my situation. Any advice will be highly appreciated and used in the proper repairable purpose. Thanks
    "IZNUTHN"

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

so I take it your shifter DOES go into 5th and 6th right, and stays, does not pop out? If so tranny should be fine. Sounds like clutch slipping, common to see it act up in 5th and 6th to start with and 1rst-4th work fine. just a matter of time before you start feeling it in the lower gears. Mine worked fine 1-4, but put it in 5th and punch it, nothing, RPMs would shoot up but no acceleration. Drop the tranny and it will tell the story. Personally I would change the clutch and slave and bleed it real good.

<b>"iznuthn"2 a BOSS!</B> IZNUTHN's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ONYX BLACK
    02 Z28

I've done it all besides the bleeding part, which can be the cause of it all. Imma take some of your advice and let you know what goes down. Thanks. If you know or find anything else would you mind to let me know. thanks again

Thread Information