Thread: Tick clutch MC?

Blog Entries

SUNSET ORANGE
    2001 CAMARO SS

Tick clutch MC?

Anyone have the Tick adjustable MC in their Cars? Just wondering if this guys is worth the buy. I'm still having some spongy clutch pedal issues and occasional stick to the floor at higher RPM's. Replaced the fluid and bled the line when I replaced the new clutch master cylinder from autozone. I figured the one from autozone was probably crap. So trying to get any reviews on this bad boy.
    Thanks.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Yes, yes, yes......

Worth every cent.

Works great with the LS7 clutch I had and it's almost a requirement for the Monster stg 4 I have now.

I would also highly encourage getting the speed bleeder as well. Another thing worth it's weight in gold.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Yes, yes, yes......

Worth every cent.

Works great with the LS7 clutch I had and it's almost a requirement for the Monster stg 4 I have now.

I would also highly encourage getting the speed bleeder as well. Another thing worth it's weight in gold.
    Everything Scott said. I have the Tick unit also. It's worth it even on a stock car. It takes care of many issues the oem ones have.

I also have a monster clutch. Mines a stage 2 and it is also worth the money if your looking for a new too.
    Last edited by raynor139; 03-17-2017 at 11:18 AM.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Blog Entries

SUNSET ORANGE
    2001 CAMARO SS

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback gentlemen. I was hesistant on spending 300 bux on an MC, but seems like it has a great reputation. I'm hoping it takes care of my sticking pedal issue. If not, I guess out comes the tranny. Really trying to avoid this though. Glad to hear the tick MC will be a good purchase.

Navy Blue Metallic

Tick clutch MC?

The MC fixes the issue of shifting at high rpms & quick throws. The stock shifter has a small hole that for lack of a better explanation holds back the fluid.

The speed bleader makes servicing the clutch very easy. Almost a 1 man job if you run the hose a certain way.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I still need one of these.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

I want/need one too. I have had same issues with really fast aggressive shifts and a problem getting it into third,Its okay on a regular to lightly fast shift but if you try to speed shift as in really aggressive it has problems... Also is this something that's hard to install?....I barely remember past posts that had some degree of difficulty with the peddle or something like with the adjusting of it? No matter I WANT ONE !!!

Blog Entries

SUNSET ORANGE
    2001 CAMARO SS

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    I want/need one too. I have had same issues with really fast aggressive shifts and a problem getting it into third,Its okay on a regular to lightly fast shift but if you try to speed shift as in really aggressive it has problems... Also is this something that's hard to install?....I barely remember past posts that had some degree of difficulty with the peddle or something like with the adjusting of it? No matter I WANT ONE !!!
    It's crazy bud. Exact issue I have. Easy shifting when I'm driving gingerly around town. Then the first time I go to hammer on it, third gear is so tough to get into and clutch pedal sticks. I've change the MC in my car a few years ago. It wasn't all that bad. A little tough to get to, but I did the install myself. The biggest pain for me was working under the dash. Darn seat in the way and not a lot of room to work. Not bad though. I had a hell of a time trying to bleed at the slave. My bro and I tried that method for a hour straight without any progress in the pedal. I read about using a mityvac at the clutch reservoir, and that worked wonders for me. Did not take long for me to get pressure in the pedal using that method. My issue was, I bought the auto zone brand MC and I'm assuming those are crap from what I've read. And, I ended up doing the drill mod when I put that one in. It seemed to help with the easy driving around town, but still a pain in the ass at WOT. My Tick is on the way. So, I'll let you know how that install was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    It's crazy bud. Exact issue I have. Easy shifting when I'm driving gingerly around town. Then the first time I go to hammer on it, third gear is so tough to get into and clutch pedal sticks. I've change the MC in my car a few years ago. It wasn't all that bad. A little tough to get to, but I did the install myself. The biggest pain for me was working under the dash. Darn seat in the way and not a lot of room to work. Not bad though. I had a hell of a time trying to bleed at the slave. My bro and I tried that method for a hour straight without any progress in the pedal. I read about using a mityvac at the clutch reservoir, and that worked wonders for me. Did not take long for me to get pressure in the pedal using that method. My issue was, I bought the auto zone brand MC and I'm assuming those are crap from what I've read. And, I ended up doing the drill mod when I put that one in. It seemed to help with the easy driving around town, but still a pain in the ass at WOT. My Tick is on the way. So, I'll let you know how that install was.

Navy Blue Metallic

Just warning you. It's a bitch to get in place. Have a 2nd person help. There is also a spring they refer to at where the loop connects to. It can also be difficult to deal with. Do not adjust the shaft to much until it is mounted. You can back off too much and then you're screwed The adjustment doesn't effect stiffness but is for pedal placement. It will feel more stiff then a stock mc. That is fine, you'll get use to it.

Also remember to reinstall the sensors if you disconnect for access ease. It effects cruise control.

Blog Entries

SUNSET ORANGE
    2001 CAMARO SS

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Just warning you. It's a bitch to get in place. Have a 2nd person help. There is also a spring they refer to at where the loop connects to. It can also be difficult to deal with. Do not adjust the shaft to much until it is mounted. You can back off too much and then you're screwed The adjustment doesn't effect stiffness but is for pedal placement. It will feel more stiff then a stock mc. That is fine, you'll get use to it.

Also remember to reinstall the sensors if you disconnect for access ease. It effects cruise control.
    Thanks for the Tips bud! Hoping to install this weekend if it's in.

Navy Blue Metallic

Tick clutch MC?

did you get the speed bleeder too?

Blog Entries

SUNSET ORANGE
    2001 CAMARO SS

I did not. Does the speed bleeder install on the slave? Do you have to pull tranny to install that? I usually bench bleed then use mity vac at resevoir.

Navy Blue Metallic

Tick clutch MC?

yes it connects to the slave. you just have to move the tranny back enough to tighten it on the slave.

Blog Entries

SUNSET ORANGE
    2001 CAMARO SS

Well, Finally got it in today. It was definitely a job. Pain in the rear trying to get the old one out. The Tick surprisingly went in very nicely for me. And for some reason, the standoff or rod that screws onto the MC was jacked up. i could not get that thing to screw more than half way down. The lock nut moved freely up and down the rod on the MC. Darn standoff just gave me a rough time. Had to buy an all thread bolt from advanced to clean out the threads. Then it took a wow to bleed. I kept noticing air in the coming through the mity vac. I took it for a few test hits. So, no sticking clutch (which is great). However, 3rd gear is still a bit tricky to get in. And actually 4th. I'm kind of running out of time tonight to mess with it. I did adjust it twice. I'm thinking i gotta keep adjusting it. Whenever its at idle, it'll slip into 3rd pretty easily. All and all, I think it's a pretty nice gadget. Def feels more durable than the stock one.

Thread Information