View Poll Results: Which Clutch is THE Best??

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Textralia OZ700 Series Clutch Steel Billet Flywheel $979 + Free Ship

3 60.00%
  • McLeod Single Disc Clutch Steel Flywheel- $900 + Ship

1 20.00%
  • Other options... LS7 Clutch, Spec 3+ Etc...

1 20.00%

Textralia OZ700 Series VS. McLeod Single Disc Clutches

This is a discussion on Textralia OZ700 Series VS. McLeod Single Disc Clutches within the Manual Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; OK, So through all my research i've found these 2 to be the ultimate in clutches and for the prices ...

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Textralia OZ700 Series VS. McLeod Single Disc Clutches

OK, So through all my research i've found these 2 to be the ultimate in clutches and for the prices they better be....

Now what i'm asking is that for now my car is holding 411RWHP (about 450RW at end of summer) Eventually im gunna blow it with a D1SC Procharger with the 8+PSI Serpentine Race Kit (Realistically i want my car around 600-650RWHP) and i know im gunna need a top notch clutch so i figured since i need to replace it now and why not just get the best one so i dont have to replace it again later...

Here's the catch...I ALSO drive my car on the street to...Not so much a daily driver but i would like to keep it as close to that as possible....

So i've heard excellent reviews about the Textralia and how there is no chatter and it can hold some serious horsepower..

I have also heard the mcleod was top of the line to and since the textralia just surfaced somewhat i dunno which one to go with....

Both will have steal flywheels and new master cylinders but for my horse power and trying to keep it streetable and not kill my clutch leg...Which 1 would be best??

All opinions are welcome

PS: Here are the articles on both to give everyone a rough idea so what both manufacturers claim...

1) "98-02 LS1 Textralia OZ700 Series Clutch(Steel Billet)

For years now, finding a decent clutch for the LS1 powered vehicle has proven to be somewhat of an arduous task. As the LS1 scene increased in population both on the streets and the track so too did the horsepower levels and it was fast becoming more and more difficult to find a clutch which simply worked both on and off the street effectively.

Enter the “OZ700 Series”. Grown from continual testing and development both in Australia and the USA we are pleased to present the answer to the calls of many who have been placed through the tread mill when selecting the right clutch for the most difficult task of all…. getting it right both on and off the street. From effortless non shudder bumper to bumper traffic right up to that mid 1.4 second to the sixty foot mark this clutch delivers the goods without the need for a bedding in period which often takes weeks.

That’s right! The selected components within the “OZ700 Series” clutch assembly have been perfectly matched, digitally machined and zero balanced for instant use.

The pressure plate houses a specifically designed high leverage diaphragm, capable of delivering high clamping forces just when it is needed moments before engagement and not during the clutch peddle movement, therefore giving the driver a progressive feel under foot whilst maintaining near stock pedal travel and pressure for the ease of street driving.

This kit includes the following:

* Steel Billet Flywheel(18lbs)RoseLock Flywheel.
    * Pressure Plate
    * Clutch Friction Disc
    * Install Alignment Tool
    * Includes ARP Bolts
    * All Pre Digital Balanced

Shipping FREE!"

2) "98-02 LS1 McLeod Single Disc Clutches

McLeod has been one of the top names in the clutch business for nearly 30 years. They have been at the forefront of development in clutches for late model cars to offer the ultimate in holding power. Whether it's your daily driver or your all-out race car, McLeod will have a clutch to fit your needs. The clutches below will have a slightly firmer pedal than stock but are still very good for a daily driver.

The single disk clutches are available with your choice of steel or aluminum flywheel, and with a Organic/Organic (Asbestos) disk, or a Kevlar/Organic (Asbestos) disk. The Kevlar/Organic disk has a more aggressive holding capability. This will give you some clutch chatter so it's not as streetable as the regular version."
    Last edited by NeeD4SpeeD; 06-18-2007 at 08:38 PM.

Bump.... No one have an idea?

Metalic Navy Blue
    2001 Camaro Z28

hey Iam in the same boat as you are the best clutch (in Performance) I've had so far was the spec 3+ but the life of the clutch sucked so I will be purchasing mecleod 600 series clutch after geting more info sorry not much help but let me know how you come out

I just think the mccloud is just over kill espically the twin street disc so i think i might just go with the textraila cuz i heard its rated to 800rw and for 950 for that kinda performance how could u go wrong... Im still not 100% sure on what im going with but i m leaning slightly towards the tex for money purposes...

Metalic Navy Blue
    2001 Camaro Z28

Ok yea I will also look in to that clutch also don't know to much about it but before my new cam and heads I definantly need a better clutch Iam tired of these weak clutches my goal is 475+ thanks let me know how you turn out Good Luck!

Yellowjacket
    05 GTO M6

I am with you man,I have cam+heads going in soon and KNOW the shitty LS2 clutch wont hold that

Metalic Navy Blue
    2001 Camaro Z28

hey what kind of cam/heads do you have

Yellowjacket
    05 GTO M6

Texas Speed magic stick 3 and ported L92's

Metalic Navy Blue
    2001 Camaro Z28

hey Iam trying to make a choice between TSP magic stix 3 / g5x3 cam

Yellowjacket
    05 GTO M6

yeah I cant wait to get it in lol

black
    2002 WS6

I will be getting the McLeod when funds allow, its a trusted name that my dad uses on his Chevelle pushing 600Hp (est) through a 4 speed and 5 something rear end. Single disk to I think.

Pewter
    00 Formula M6

Thumbs up

i had the spec 3 in my 2000 t/a chattered like hell and was just starting to slip when i sold it. in the formula i got the Textralia OZ700 and the pedal is so much easier to push down than the spec and there is absolutely no chatter ever. the pedal feels basically stock

Thread Information