Smile textralia oz700 clutch

Hey there was wondering if any used this clutchin the car ? Mine has about 27 xxx and still OEM shouldi use this cluch or find something different thanks for your help

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

Is your current clutch going out ? if not I would save the money and drive yours until it does go out. Clutches are a wearable part, to me there is no need to change them until they start to wear out.

rally red
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Use it and love it. Totally drivable and really is a big difference compared to a stock clutch. Read alot about them in many LS1 mags and nothing bad to say about them. They have a few styles of clutches so i'm not sure what your use will be for it and what your current mods are but whichever one you choose should satisfy your needs. I choose to go with the X grip clutch that has a full face disc for durability.

the car has no Mods it is all OEM

rally red
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Spend the extra money on the textralia clutch and you won't have to worry about changing it for a long time.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by sct771 View Post
    Spend the extra money on the textralia clutch and you won't have to worry about changing it for a long time.
    that's way past overkill for a stock car and costs about 4-5x as much as an LS6 clutch...

rally red
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Maybe so, but the difference is a LS6 will run you about 550 and the textralia will run you 950 so really not that drastic. Over kill is replacing parts two and three times when you had an opportunity to upgrade you trouble area. Stock clutches have shown that they can't hold up even driving a completely stock car so why not if you have to replace it, buy something that you won't have to worry about.

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

understood but I agree I still think its overkill... if anything grab yourself an LS7 will be cheaper, drive just as nice as stock and hold more power *not as much as the Tex* but it will hold more then a stock LS1 will EVER throw at it...

rally red
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS

If price is your only factor then you can't beat a LS7 and about 10 other brands. I just have no faith in an gm parts and look for any opportunity to upgrade even if may be alittle bit excessive.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by sct771 View Post
    If price is your only factor then you can't beat a LS7 and about 10 other brands. I just have no faith in an gm parts and look for any opportunity to upgrade even if may be alittle bit excessive.
    I own the exact clutch he posted about in my turbo car. I made 600rwhp at 10 psi, and the car sees 16-17psi regularly and has been to 20psi on good gas. The Tex clutch has never slipped in my car. It does have some chatter, and so have the other 15 or so cars that I have tuned that run that clutch. There used to be a local guy who sold a bunch of LS6 clutches for about $200, so I figured they went for about that much. If they cost more, as noted, the LS7 clutch may be a better choice. Clutches just aren't really an issue until the cars start to get fast, like in the 10-second range.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

i prefer mcleod twins, my car sees alot of track time, both strip and circuit. Plus the mcleod feels as light as stock.

buy the right clutch for your driving style, how the car is used and what your future mods will be.

Thread Information