Black
    1985 Iroc-Z

Exclamation T-56 Six Speed Grinding Issues!!! HELP PELASE!

I have a t-56 out of a 1995 z28 in my 1985 Iroc-Z. It has been in there for about 5-6k miles. When I put it in the car I put new cluth master and slave cylinder on it, new fork, new centerforce flywheel, Spec stage 2 clutch. I recently started hearing a grinding or a scraping noise coming from the bellhousing area when he clutch is pushed in trying to go into some gears. It doesnt happen all the time, just some times. It will make the noise until you let out on the clutch. I'm not sure if anyone has ran into a problem like this before but if you have please let me know what you found. I also was wondering about the skip shift on the tranny. What is it and what is it for and could it become a problem is it is just on there and not hooked up at all?? I don't have any kind of power running to it bc it is in my 85. Thanks for the help.

Red
    1998 Camaro

The noise could be a variety of things; maybe a throwout bearing. Are you running the hydraulics (master and slave) that came from the donor car? The LT1 uses a completely different set up than the LS1 T56.

The skip shift was inegrated into the T56 to help improve city driving MPG. It forces a shift from 1st to 4th gear at low rpm low load conditions. Not hooking it up will not affect anything with your setup. The factory PCM would throw a code if the skip shift wasn't active, but that shouldn't effect you.

Black
    1985 Iroc-Z

Yes I have the hydraulics hooked up. Well, I was wondering if maybe the skip shift somehow is interfiering with something because I have noticed that the reverse lockout has moved a little over time just from torque and movement of the transmission(it's not hooked up either).

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

I was having the same kind of problem with mine this summer. After going through every part possible (clutch, pressure plate, new slave, and a tranny rebuild ) it ended up being the master cylinder. Yours might be different from mine since it is a LS1 but it is on of the cheaper solutions, and the ones in the LS don't tend to last much more then 80k miles (from what I have been told). Check the clutch fluid, if it is black that is a sign usually of a bad master.

Candy Blue
    2000 Camaro SS

I had the same problem earlier this year. It ended up being the pilot bearing. Replaced it and there were no more noises.

2000 Camaro SS, M6, Edelbrock LT's, Eibach Pro-Kit, Edelbrock Adjustable Coil-Overs
    1986 Camaro Iroc LS1 Swap In Progress

Blue Magic...
    Like Pepsi It's A Brand Name...

Thread Information