Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

T-56 major problems need help???

This is a discussion on T-56 major problems need help??? within the Manual Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; Hey Miller I'm about to replace my Pushrods. How hard is it to get at the back few rods. and ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 Formula

Hey Miller I'm about to replace my Pushrods. How hard is it to get at the back few rods. and How long did it take to replace.

red
    1998 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by thecorrectformula View Post
    Hey Miller I'm about to replace my Pushrods. How hard is it to get at the back few rods. and How long did it take to replace.
    Well it took me completely about 2 hours cuz i didnt have the right tools and had to drive around to get tools. All in all id say about 1 hour and i wouldve had all the rods out and keep in mind this was my first time. Its not too tough but make sure you have extensions for your wrench it makes it much easier to get to and the back rods were not to bad cuz i used a cheater bar, u just slide another bar over ur wrench for leverage. The most pain was getting the valve covers off the pushrods are simple. If u have ne more ?s just let me know, good luck.

red
    1998 camaro z28

Well i got the new rods, plugs, and wires in yesterday and wat a pain in the the back 2 plug wires are on the passenger side to get to. I had a 2000 z28 that seemed much easier when i did that one now my 1998 sucked. Anyways the motor runs smooth and great now but we also discovered the chatter as i suspected was a bearing out in the tranny. I guess its time to give sixspeedsinc a call.

Dark Blue
    1999 Trans Am

Tranny

Hey Miller,

I am not sure, but I looked around for the best price for a t56 rebuild and found this guy Chris Jennings in TX. His prices are unbeatable as far as I know. I ordered the extended performance upgrade from Jennings Race Performance and so far it is great.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

red
    1998 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by menardst View Post
    Hey Miller,

I am not sure, but I looked around for the best price for a t56 rebuild and found this guy Chris Jennings in TX. His prices are unbeatable as far as I know. I ordered the extended performance upgrade from Jennings Race Performance and so far it is great.

Good luck and I hope this helps.
    Hey thanks for the advice how has your tranny worked out for u from them? You should check out sixspeedsinc.com they are out of houston, tx and have incredible packages and customer service. The one im lookin at is just their
    1+ package and you have to break 700hp to void warranty. Also right now they are paying for shipping both ways this month and the complete rebuild is around 1200 with mikronite finish. I will do some checkin and appreciate the help u should check out that site i gave and see wat u think. Also they have the fastest N/A ls1 running low 9s right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information