PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

T-56 Issues Again!!!

So I was driving home from my friends Party in Akron This Saturday (an hour long drive) and my Trans went nuts! I was getting on the hwy on ramp and shifted from 3rd to fourth and the shifter felt tight as hell and I had to literally slam in into gear!

Then I proceed to up shift and it will not go in to any gear and is Stuck in neutral as if the whole trans is binded up! I managed to get her home crusin in sixth gear after wrestling with the shifter. After i got off the highway it was extremely hard to shift it into any of the gears except for 3rd as it would not go in at all!!! I get the car home and let it sit for the night.

The next morning it it was totaly fine! WTF is up here, is it toast? Thanks for the Help. I checked the Trans fluid and its fine and full. The clutch fluid is still a little black even after the flush but didnt smell burnt. I cant figure out whats causing this? A bent shift fork?

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

any ideas guys? a guy on ls1tech seems to think its hydraulic related?

Pewter
    02 WS-6 w/ Ram Air

Does it seem to be alright with the engine off?

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Quote Originally Posted by 1st TA View Post
    Does it seem to be alright with the engine off?
    nope its got the same feel to it!

Broken transmissions do not fix themselves. Is the slave feed line running close to the exhaust? An overheated relese system/ boiling fluid would work poorly hot but seem better after a cool down. If this is the case, flush the fluid & insulate the line.

Pewter
    2000 Z28

Sounds like a case for the drill mod. Any wierdness with the clutch pedal itself? Sticking to the floor? Really stiff for one or two shifts then really soft like its on its way out?
    FOR SALE 2000 Z28 M6
    It's pretty much Raw Awesome

Although the drill mod is a good suggestion as a "upgrade" to the release system, the probs described here are well beyond what a drill mod will address.

Pewter
    2000 Z28

I was figuring based on him saying the next morning it was fine that it had to do with hydraulic lock up. My car would do the same thing, locking me out of the gears. If I wailed on it, sometimes I could catch a gear, but most likely I had to back off, and lift the pedal with my foot. If I didnt do this, it would act like it was in neutral and I wouldnt be able to find any gears. He also mentions black hydraulic fluid, so it could also just be he's running headers and cooking his fluid. Just my .02.

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Quote Originally Posted by buswwa View Post
    Sounds like a case for the drill mod. Any wierdness with the clutch pedal itself? Sticking to the floor? Really stiff for one or two shifts then really soft like its on its way out?
    the clutch pedal was fine, though when I have launched it at the track the pedal doesnt feel like its coming all the way back up and I know the drill mod will cure that.

I do have kooks long tubes but Ive had them on now for 2 months and never had this issue previously on long drives. the fluid is black as hell and I know my clutch is in dire need of changing and has bad slippage.

I bought the ls7 clutch kit-flywheel and New slave and Master cylinders as well as a new pilot bearing and rear main. Either way 5th has been grinding and poping out so I plan on sending the t56 out to Tick performance and getting a highperformance rebuild done while I have the Trans out and the Funds available!

onyx black
    1999 formula firebird

VERY VERY GOOD IDEA!!! +1 for Tick Performance...JMO..and its always nice to start everything over with brand new parts..just make sure you bleed the hell outta your slave...

Thread Information