Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

stage 1 spec clutch

This is a discussion on stage 1 spec clutch within the Manual Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; Originally Posted by getcha01 Man not so sound rude, but that clutch is a whole weeks more pay than the ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by getcha01 View Post
    Man not so sound rude, but that clutch is a whole weeks more pay than the spec 1 clutch I bought...there is tooooo many guys that spend way too much money on a clutch that is wayyyy too strong for their car...I drive my car everyday I wont ever get a race clutch...and an LS1 even 01 and 02 are said to have 300-310RWHP from factory, and the WS6 model them years are said to produce another 15RWHP over others due to the hood and raised air box....nobody admits it but i've read in motor trend,car and driver and others that they figured out something in 01 and that they got an 01
    WS6 with stock tires and all not even broke in engines go 12.99....highest ive seen with a Z28 or reg trans am is 13.5...thats a half second difference?????
    Bullshit...

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    Bullshit...
    elaborate...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

"15RWHP" more for a WS6 just cause the damn hood? Bullshit...Fastest Z28, 13.5? Bullshit (maybe for a auto...). Not to mention 15rwhp doesn't equate to a fucking half a second at the end of the track. Pretty much everything in that one big ass run on sentence is bullshit.

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

the question here is about clutches. not the mechanics of a hood or an air box. lol.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by sgt0704 View Post
    the question here is about clutches. not the mechanics of a hood or an air box. lol.
    That's what Getcha01 made it out to be not us. He doesn't know what he's talkin about anyway. I think it's hilarious that a guy won't spend a few hundred more for a decent clutch. Can't count how many times I've read a guy got 15,000miles out of a SPEC (or less, like that's good or something), then says he's gonna replace it with another SPEC.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by sgt0704 View Post
    I'm just saying pretty much everything in that post was bullshit. Even about the clutches...

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Bullshit...
    I dont car im just saying....thats what ive read, and either people are horrible drivers or its true, but people at the track the one time I went had their Z/28's and T/A's and were saying something was done to my car that I dont know about or I have some miracle car, which I dont believe that shit....I ran 13.08 first run no spin 2.0 60 ft street tires....this other kid been racin his 1999 WS6 for 3 years he was 21 had headers,tune,ET streets, auto, all boltons and ran was running what I was running with just msd plug wires,hooker muffler,and SLP lid...explain that...im in STL gateway is where I race and the kid said his best ever was 12.7, but that the 01 and 02 LS1 cars especially WS6's and SS's are always a lot faster than the previous years...why would I defend SS camaro?...thats what he told me man...and I found an article on motor trend about a 2002 WS6 that went 12.99 in high altitude and it astonished them, because the SS they ran was only going 13.40's-50's...I think GM was really sloppy on manufacturing during them years starting with LT1's......

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

I dont car im just saying....thats what ive read, and either people are horrible drivers or its true, but people at the track the one time I went had their Z/28's and T/A's and were saying something was done to my car that I dont know about or I have some miracle car, which I dont believe that shit....I ran 13.08 first run no spin 2.0 60 ft street tires....this other kid been racin his 1999 WS6 for 3 years he was 21 had headers,tune,ET streets, auto, all boltons and ran was running what I was running with just msd plug wires,hooker muffler,and SLP lid...explain that...im in STL gateway is where I race and the kid said his best ever was 12.7, but that the 01 and 02 LS1 cars especially WS6's and SS's are always a lot faster than the previous years...why would I defend SS camaro?...thats what he told me man...and I found an article on motor trend about a 2002 WS6 that went 12.99 in high altitude and it astonished them, because the SS they ran was only going 13.40's-50's...I think GM was really sloppy on manufacturing during them years starting with LT1's......
    First off, you have a 6 speed, he has a auto. Stock auto vs. 6 speed with a descent driver, 6 speed will when easy. Second, that WS6 was either a factory freak, and/or they had a shitty driver in the SS. Thats granted they both had the same tranny. Again, a 01 and 02, will perform slightly better than the 98-00, only because the LS6 intake, but thats NOT just the WS6s. Thats the Z28s, Formulas, Trans Ams, SS, WS6, Firehawk, etc. ALL of the v8 cars will run pretty much the same. A stripper car might have a couple tenths on a fully loaded car, but thats about it. Theres not way a WS6 is gonna be .5 faster just cause the damn hood whatever you said, cause if you knew these cars, you would know the ram air hood isn't even functional, where as the SS is...

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

First off, you have a 6 speed, he has a auto. Stock auto vs. 6 speed with a descent driver, 6 speed will when easy. Second, that WS6 was either a factory freak, and/or they had a shitty driver in the SS. Thats granted they both had the same tranny. Again, a 01 and 02, will perform slightly better than the 98-00, only because the LS6 intake, but thats NOT just the WS6s. Thats the Z28s, Formulas, Trans Ams, SS, WS6, Firehawk, etc. ALL of the v8 cars will run pretty much the same. A stripper car might have a couple tenths on a fully loaded car, but thats about it. Theres not way a WS6 is gonna be .5 faster just cause the damn hood whatever you said, cause if you knew these cars, you would know the ram air hood isn't even functional, where as the SS is...
    not just a LS6 intake you retard, dont mouth me..all of them in 01-02 had LS6 intake yes, but some had LS6 blocks which made less pressure in bottom of engine, and they all came with a truck 6.0 litre cam!...the previous LS1's lacked the bottom end torque is why they did that....and it gave the say 98 Z28 and the 01 Z28 a .5 difference....but the suspension and the ram air on the WS6 gave another .2, and also the 01 and 02 SS and WS6 engines had a lot of them were actually LS6 blocks, and the good #241 heads.....plus the motor trend test was same driver,both SS and WS6 had 3:42 gears,alum driveshafts, and 6 spds, and ran both them 10 times....the numbers dont lie hawse...some were just faster...do you have a slower one?.....shut up aqnd dont talk to me if ur gonna mouth off bud...oh and the lighter the car dont matter when ur talkin a T/A fully loaded to a WS6 or not, they may make the weight heavier but its closer to 50/50...for birdbrains the 50/50 is better....i'll take any gutted 1998-2000 Z28...that has headers,no cats,air lid,msd wires, and a aftr markt muffler, not catback,not tuned, nothing else but what I said and I know I will win by atleast 4 tenths with all my interior....
    Last edited by getcha01; 02-15-2009 at 06:13 PM.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

not just a LS6 intake you retard, dont mouth me..all of them in 01-02 had LS6 intake yes, but some had LS6 blocks which made less pressure in bottom of engine, and they all came with a truck 6.0 litre cam!...the previous LS1's lacked the bottom end torque is why they did that....and it gave the say 98 Z28 and the 01 Z28 a .5 difference....but the suspension and the ram air on the WS6 gave another .2, and also the 01 and 02 SS and WS6 engines had a lot of them were actually LS6 blocks, and the good #241 heads.....plus the motor trend test was same driver,both SS and WS6 had 3:42 gears,alum driveshafts, and 6 spds, and ran both them 10 times....the numbers dont lie hawse...some were just faster...do you have a slower one?.....shut up aqnd dont talk to me if ur gonna mouth off bud
    Your posts are laughable. For starters a WS6 suspension does not give it 2 tenths. WS6s suspension is stiffer for better road handling. Anyone who does any drag racing at all knows you want the opposite. If anything the much heavier 17' wheels and lower profile will slow you down as well. 98-99s got a better cam than the 01-02s. Gains came from the exhaust manifolds and the LS6 intake.
    Last edited by INMY01TA; 02-15-2009 at 06:19 PM.

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

oh I see now you have an 00 SS thats why ur offended...u have a turbo so who cares ur faster than me anyways...im gonna go 11.99 b4 I touch my inside of my motor, or heads, or valve spring....my buddy has an 00 SS it ran good stock 13.40's, he got diff T/B,headers,catless y-pipe,LS6 intake, same gears and alum shaft like me he runs 12.80's he dropped 6 tenths....if I drop 6 tenths I will be hmmm 12.40's?.....4 tenths over him...get u some boy...and he's tuned with a catback...i'll never get a catback, im a welder and im making a true dual system and will run 11.99 with spec 1 clutch and no power adders just boltons

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

oh I see now you have an 00 SS thats why ur offended...u have a turbo so who cares ur faster than me anyways...im gonna go 11.99 b4 I touch my inside of my motor, or heads, or valve spring....my buddy has an 00 SS it ran good stock 13.40's, he got diff T/B,headers,catless y-pipe,LS6 intake, same gears and alum shaft like me he runs 12.80's he dropped 6 tenths....if I drop 6 tenths I will be hmmm 12.40's?.....4 tenths over him...get u some boy...and he's tuned with a catback...i'll never get a catback, im a welder and im making a true dual system and will run 11.99 with spec 1 clutch and no power adders just boltons
    All been done before. Who cares.

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Your posts are laughable. For starters a WS6 suspension does not give it 2 tenths. WS6s suspension is stiffer for better road handling. Anyone who does any drag racing at all knows you want the opposite. If anything the much heavier 17' wheels and lower profile will slow you down as well. 98-99s got a better cam than the 01-02s. Gains came from the exhaust manifolds and the LS6 intake.
    no but ur cam was .500 lift mine was ,470, mine was matched to my heads and intake to make more torque whiched u lacked, so when anything is done to an 01 or 02 it gives u about 30% more power than when done to ur car sweet dream buddyyyyy.....my wheels are lighter than urs u idiot I have polished aluminum, urs are coated alloy...my rims weigh 15 lbs lol.....why would they make a WS6 slower than a reg T/A, you all make NO SENSE I really have hate for you guys HATE....the suspension in them was made for both, u ever raced a WS6 from 01-02?...you notice how hard they squat compaired to your car?...kinda like drag springs?...they werent making a nascar setup you stupid $%^.....why do u T/A guys care so much...does it make u feel better that I bought my car last year and paid $15,000 for a 110,000mi WS6? I was gonna get an SS they were little cheaper and the T/A was next and they were all around like $8000-10,000, I couldnt find a WS6 under $17000 black with black interior,body like new,good carfax, and 6 speed...im sure I paid a lot more for my car than u did for yours then, there you got me, and for what I paid to have a WS6 which factory made were actually slower than T/A, I still did it because everything I read said 01-02 WS66666666 were sometimes found to be a few tenths faster than all others now F$%# off
    Last edited by getcha01; 02-15-2009 at 06:30 PM.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

no but ur cam was .500 lift mine was ,470, mine was matched to my heads and intake to make more torque whiched u lacked, so when anything is done to an 01 or 02 it gives u about 30% more power than when done to ur car sweet dream buddyyyyy
    Are you a total moron or what? We both have 01s.

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Are you a total moron or what? We both have 01s.
    yea im guessing u dont have a WS6, I get shit all the time from people that dont have a WS6 but a T/A, its same car, u guys always hassle me though,i got u mixed up with squee, I have a life, and im dealing with drinking,talkin to u all mouthing me and my ole lady and friends im texting on my phone....im done now get back to u tomorrow

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Wow, I don't even know where to start. A truck cam? Are you fucking serious? Not to mention, only 10% of the 01s had the LS6 block, and only about 25% of the 02 cars had it. And really, there will be NO noticeable difference between the two. Your a dumbshit who has no idea whatsoever what your talking about. 30% more power just cause yours is a 01? HA! Thats fucking classic. I don't give a shit what you run, or your buddy, or Car and Driver for that matter, my car will WALK THE DOG on your fucking WS6 ALL DAY LONG. You can barely break into the 12 second range, my car breaks into the 10s easy. And a 2.0 60ft? HA. Thats some fucking weak shit right there. I'd actually be willing to put money on it that your car doesn't even have a LS6 block to begin with. Don't even get me started on that retarded statement about the rims either. That was just fucking stupid. And as I already said, that oh so precious ram air hood of yours ISN'T FUNCTIONAL.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

no but ur cam was .500 lift mine was ,470, mine was matched to my heads and intake to make more torque whiched u lacked, so when anything is done to an 01 or 02 it gives u about 30% more power than when done to ur car sweet dream buddyyyyy.....my wheels are lighter than urs u idiot I have polished aluminum, urs are coated alloy...my rims weigh 15 lbs lol.....why would they make a WS6 slower than a reg T/A, you all make NO SENSE I really have hate for you guys HATE....the suspension in them was made for both, u ever raced a WS6 from 01-02?...you notice how hard they squat compaired to your car?...kinda like drag springs?...they werent making a nascar setup you stupid $%^.....why do u T/A guys care so much...does it make u feel better that I bought my car last year and paid $15,000 for a 110,000mi WS6? I was gonna get an SS they were little cheaper and the T/A was next and they were all around like $8000-10,000, I couldnt find a WS6 under $17000 black with black interior,body like new,good carfax, and 6 speed...im sure I paid a lot more for my car than u did for yours then, there you got me, and for what I paid to have a WS6 which factory made were actually slower than T/A, I still did it because everything I read said 01-02 WS66666666 were sometimes found to be a few tenths faster than all others now F$%# off
    Have another drink there buddy.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Warnings handed out and since this thread is not productive, its being closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information