white
    1999 ss camaro

Spec 3+ clutch help

I just installed everything and the clutch wont disengage i dont know what is wrong i think it has something to do with the spacer between the tranny and the clutch pad. i already bleed the system everything is fine in that area. has anyone else had this problem.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Are you saying it doesn't disengage at all or doesn't disengage all the way?
    what clutch bleeding method did you use?

white
    1999 ss camaro

It doesn't disengage at all if you try and put it in gear you have to wait for the syncros to catch up before you can put it in gear and then reverse gear wont even go in unless you force it in. it isnt a bleeding issue i took the valve off of the throw out bearing and the clutch pedal was rock hard and it should be if its done right. so i ruled that out and it has to be the throw out bearing spacer or atleast thats my guess.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Yep sounds like you might need to shim the slave cylinder closer to the clutch.

Sunset metallic orange
    '01 Camaro SS

Curse Words!!!!!! that's all? mines doing the same thing you said it to the "T". it's like you have to wait for the gears to slow down for the syncros to engage and same with reverse its a bitch and won't go in until it wants to. I had rebuilt my trans cuz I thought it was that. damn I'll have to look into that so where can I get these shims do either of you guys know.

oh an dude know matter how much it pisses you off "Do Not" try to jam it in rev. like I did just wait. that rev gear and syncro set is expensive (gear=175/syncro setup=375)... but I guess that's what I get for getting mad and jamming into gear when it didn't wanna go!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The sound of your piss hitting the urinal.......yea it sounds feminine!

white
    1999 ss camaro

Yeah a lot of people told me to go with the spec clutch i dont think i will again after this unless it does well performance wise. I'm going to rig something with my own shims like people have said that seems to be the solution i will see by Tuesday if it works. I also jammed into reverse a few times to get it in and out of garage so i hope its ok still, like i said ill have to see.

Does anyone know this i pulled the tranny back out to put the shims in and there was grease all over the pressure plate and inside of bell housing? Did it come from the throw out bearing and if so i bet the throw out bearing is bad then. this could also be causing me a problem.

Thread Information