SlamminGears

Black
    01 TransAm WS6

Question about Spec Clutches

hello,
    What do ya'll think of Spec's clutches. I have heard a few mixed reviews. I had a Stage III with the aluminum flywheel and loved it until it blew up 45,000 miles later. All I have is bolt ons with a 4.11. After it happened I didnt want to spend a lot of money so I just put a Stage IIK disk in its place which is slipping after 35,000 miles (I think this is due to a pressure plate problem though.) Well its time for a new clutch but I am hesitant to put a Spec back in. I loved the Stage III but do not want another KA-BOOM!
    Any testimonies from ya'll would be great.
    Thanks

Metalic Navy Blue
    2001 Camaro Z28

Yes Spec is the best I've used so far I had the stage 3+ kit was very good clutch, I now have stage 2 clutch I needed a new clutch and that was the one i could afford at the time, but will be getting another 3+ soon after my added cam/and heads are on. but I recommend stage 3+

blackwagon
    try the australian textralia they have a range of clutches to suit everyone.

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

SPEC 2+ here on a heads/cam/100shot car. No slippage. But I use the steel pressure plate so I don't wear it early like an aluminum.

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

Quote Originally Posted by blackwagon View Post
    try the australian textralia they have a range of clutches to suit everyone.
    I second the notion...

Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

Quote Originally Posted by Jray67 View Post
    hello,
    What do ya'll think of Spec's clutches. I have heard a few mixed reviews. I had a Stage III with the aluminum flywheel and loved it until it blew up 45,000 miles later. All I have is bolt ons with a 4.11. After it happened I didnt want to spend a lot of money so I just put a Stage IIK disk in its place which is slipping after 35,000 miles (I think this is due to a pressure plate problem though.) Well its time for a new clutch but I am hesitant to put a Spec back in. I loved the Stage III but do not want another KA-BOOM!
    Any testimonies from ya'll would be great.
    Thanks
    So you got 45K out of one SPEC clutch, admittedly went cheap on the 2nd SPEC clutch and still got 35K outta it and you are hesitant to buy a 3rd one? Get a SPEC 3i, LS7 or Textrailia and call it a day...
    Last edited by danziger; 06-02-2007 at 05:58 AM.

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

LOL! I was thinking the same thing.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Yes I haved used there clutches in the past and had issues with over half of them. I now use McLeod exclusively. Their rep in the racing industry speaks for itself not to mention their customer service is great.

I would HIGHLY recommend you try them out!!
    I would put their Series 600 in if you brought me the car.....http://www.mcleodind.com/
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

SlamminGears

Black
    01 TransAm WS6

My computer died so I didn't get to read any of yalls messeges. Thanks for all the replies though. Just for the record... I was hesitant to put a spec back in because there customer service sucked like no other. As soon as I said it came apart, "something is wrong with your car" was the response I got. If they had good customer service I would have a spec right now. Customer service means alot to me. I wasn't looking for a free clutch but I really dont want finger pointing either. I ended up with a Ram. I talked to a few people and they really liked theirs. I also talked to a few businesses and they said Ram had excellent service. I thought I would give them a try. Again,thanks for all the replies.

Thread Information