White
    1999 Firehawk

Question about Bearings

Good Afternoon,

I'm having a hard time finding throw out bearings for a T-56.

Over at Gmpartsdirect.com I found a bearing called "Clutch - Clutch & flywheel - Release bearing". Its selling for 56 bucks.

This isn't saying Throwout Bearing so I'm not 100% this is what it is. Could this be the same? GM Part # 89060001

Reason I ask is that I talked to a Mechanic about my issues with my T-56. If I try to put it in any gear over 2k RPM it just rubs something and stops. It will never go into gear. I have to let it drop below 2k rpm before it will finally go.

I have a 2nd question.

I know this would be bad but should you be able to put it into gear at any speed. I understand reverse you shouldn't but what about 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6? I have heard of people racing and putting into 1st and bending pushrods let alone ruining there transmission.

I am also on planning on get an LS7 clutch kit and noticed that I need a pilot bearing too. And also a slave cylinder. What else should I replace in this area while I have the unit out of the car?

He says it doesn't seem any thing wrong with the transmission it just seems to be in the clutch area.

Any idea's would be helpful!

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Normally the throw out bearing comes with the clutch slave, which is around $120 at the dealer. you can also get the poilot bearing fro pretty cheap there. i dont think that there is any thing else that you need to replace. Are you doing the install your self? i did mine and it was kinda hard with out a lift. Good luck.

White
    1999 Firehawk

Smile

No I wasn't going to try and do it my self. Luckly my sisters husband has a lift in his garage and said sometime in the near future we can jack it up and fix it over a weekend. Only thing he said was that I needed the parts up front and if we have any issues we will need to move the car outside until the next weekend or until I get other parts.

I have no idea when the last time the clutch was changed so I thought it would be best to go ahead and replace it any way.

It has 130,000 miles on it and I'm slowly getting it back to normal working order. I have already replaced the PVC valve and found out that the hose is ruined and will need to be replaced too.

/sigh. Remember people. Change this valve early and often!

Thread Information