Pulsing Transmission

This is a discussion on Pulsing Transmission within the Manual Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; I'm not sure of the best way to describe it, but at low speeds (<10 mph) the car seems to ...

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Pulsing Transmission

I'm not sure of the best way to describe it, but at low speeds (<10 mph) the car seems to lunge forward periodically as if something is skipping (for lack of a better word) in the clutch/ tranny. Almost feels like a cammed car would at idle/ low speeds if that makes sense. It mainly does it when I am not giving it any gas and just letting it roll, in bumper to bumper traffic situations for example. Once I give it gas and get above 1000ish RPMs it will run smoothly w/ no lunging. What could be causing this? I hope I described it thoroughly enough..

2002 Camaro

I know what your talking about and felt it in some cammed cars and some Mustangs I've been in. Not sure whats causing yours. What does your idle speed sit at?

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

It idles fine, (I don't remember the exact RPM but around 750/800 i think) so I don't think its misfiring due to a bad injector or plug. I could be wrong though.. Its just when the car is actually moving that it starts to rock back and forth a little bit.. Here again, its nothing violent, but it is noticable. I've also noticed that my oil pressure gage seems to be running a little high sometimes (~3/4) Could they be correlated at all?

Thread Information