Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Thumbs up popped my cherry on the t56 finallly

my lil bro 02sunsetorangeZ, if some of you recall, had issues with his t56 with it getting stuck hard in 4th gear. shifter wouldnt budge but he managed to get it out, well after that it would get stuck back in there a few times a week. so he finally talked me into tearing it apart...

extension housing pulled off

trans case removed

main shaft laying on my toolbox haha

found the shift keys in the 3-4 synchro were broke on the 4th gear side causing the synchro collar to not slide back across the hub which caused a wedge condition, thus the rock hard stuck shifter. anywho, he bought the stage 2 tranny internals from tick performance. i put in a steel 3-4 shift fork, new 1-2 and 3-4 synchros with billet shift keys and stiffer springs. new upgraded blocker rings and what not. also did an ls7 clutch setup with a new slave and master with drill mod. you can definately feel a much better shift feel and it hasnt messed up yet haha. hopefully it holds up. i think i had it done in about 7 hrs but i was doing it between other jobs so it was hard to keep track.
    2002 Z28 M6, Suncoast Creations ram air, port/polish TB w/ bypass and bumpstop, heater hose mod, stainless steel long tubes, ORY w/ dual cutouts, Magnaflow, BMR SFC, UMI Torque Arm, LS7 clutch w/ drill mod, Pro 5.0 w/ Lous short stick, MSD wires, 4.10s, good maintenancehttp://www.fquick.com/blue02z

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Lol yep, thanks again. Shifting smooth and feels rock solid
    2002 SOM Z/28 M6, Level 2 tick performance rebuilt tranny, ls7 clutch with drill mod, SLP lid, Smooth air bellow, P&P TB w/bump stop mod, TB bypass, amsoil air filter, 3.73 gears, Pro 5.0 w/lous short stick, msd super conductors, NGK TR-55 iridiums, SS long tubes, duals with x pipe 2 magnaflow bullets over axle with a frost mail order tune.

black
    2000 camaro ss

how hard was it to install all of it? I'm a mechanic so i have the ability but have never had a t-56 apart.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

not real bad at all. i was lucky to have gm service information which has a step by step way. it wasnt bad, whenever i upgrade mine i wont be so worried

Thread Information