Black - Silver
    00' Camaro SS - 09' G8 GT

Pondering future manual trans swap 09' Pontiac G8 GT

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone has any experience swapping a stick into a 09' G8 with the L76? I love the car as a daily driver, but the A6 just sucks. I do admit, the sport mode works pretty good sometimes, on a few occasions locking it in 2nd gear going 70-80mph. But the shifts are soft, and it likes to hunt gears, even off the line. I went to a speed shop that was local (Fairfax county, VA) and they quoted me $800 to custom tune the trans. Besides that, I just like driving stick more.

The car is under warranty for another year, and after that I have a GMPP plan covering me for a few more years after that. Plus I'm still making payments on it. Right now, it is stone stock. From the tires to the exhaust. Hence why its a future job.

But I have the wheels turning and wanted to get some input. Would a T56 bolt up to the L76 or would I need a custom bellhousing or adapter? As far as clutch pedals go, would an older pedal assembly form a Cadillac CTS work? Speaking of a CTS, is there any difference as far as body styles are concerned over the different model years? I figure I could get the trans, crossmembers, and pedal assemblies from a donor car. I'm more or less looking for the crossmembers and pedals as I would guess they would be harder to acquire than the trans.

If/when I do this, I would delete the DOD part of the engine, along with reflashing the PCM. Any thoughts?

2011 Prius

Trade it for a GXP... Probably end up being cheaper and/or more reliable.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Trade it for a GXP... Probably end up being cheaper and/or more reliable.
    real great advice there genius...

to the OP...

have you thought about an aftermarket shit kit or other products along thoes lines???

Black - Silver
    00' Camaro SS - 09' G8 GT

The sarcasm from that one dripped out of my laptop and left a puddle in my lap.

I went to a local place that quoted me the $800, but I haven't done to much searching yet. I might invest in a tuning program for the computer or a handheld unit to adjust the shift points.

I'll probably wait til I get some work done to it (sc+exhaust) but I figure I would bring it up because we're all hot rodders and modifying and altering cars is what we do. Someone had to of thought of trying it. Any joe shlub can buy a GXP with a stick, I'm out to make my own.

Thread Information