2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Notchy 1-2 shift

Hi guys just a quick question, I've noticed that sometimes when driving my car the shifter feels "sticky or notchy" I guess is the word to describe as it comes out of 1st gear and goes to 2nd. When I did the m6 swap i used a tick m/c and bled it 2 time with the jmd method and checked it with a mighty vac. It never happens going from 3-4 or any other upshift for that matter. And wot shifts are awesome. All down shifts are smooth and the car goes into gear fine in park the pedal does feel like it changes pressure feeling sometimes but it doesnt seem to be related to the shift. I've heard some t56's have notchy changes in the 1-2 shift but this is my first one so I was jw if you all had similar feelings when the trams is cold

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Was it a fresh rebuild when you put the trans in ? Did you change the trans fluid and if so what did you use ? Did you put in a new TO bearing ? T-56 is a notchy unit to begin with but if you have a bent fork then you need to rebuild the trans ?
    What do you me by "The car goes into gear fine in park"
    Park ?
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

I did the swap and found that the trans was fubared at this time it shifted smooth with pennz synchromesh in it but ground 2nd. Upon pulling the tranny apart I replaced the blockers, 1-2 hub and 2nd gear.This time it got castrol atf, however that didnt last long because I got a defective 3rd gear blocker so the tranny came back out and had that replaced. Finally right now it has regular NON-SYN mobil atf in it beacuse I wasnt real happy with castrol and the mobil was being clearanced at 3 bucks a qt.

And I meant that when it sits still it goes into all gears fine. meaning that the clutch fully disengages allowing me to go into gear also the car does not move if i rev the motor with the clutch depressed in 1st gear so I dont think its a clutch issue. I'm leaning towards throwing synchromesh in it and seeing what happens if not then I imagine its the nature of the beast since it is reduced when the trans warms up.
    Last edited by redbird555; 09-18-2012 at 06:31 AM.

Thread Information