need some help

This is a discussion on need some help within the Manual Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; hey guys i have a ws6 6speed and I'm having a problem with my gear box. When I over rev ...

red

need some help

hey guys i have a ws6 6speed and I'm having a problem with my gear box. When I over rev the car, I get a winding going into
    second or third gear....and it won't let me go into gear. Has anyone else had this problem

White
    1999 Firehawk

When you say "Over Rev" what do you mean? You mean past 6k? Or just something say above 2k?

Reason I asked is mine wouldn't go into any gear above 2k. I ended up taking the clutch out and my pilot bearing was completely destroyed. I ended up replacing the clutch, slave, and I just got the new master in. Hopefully this fixes the issue. I'm pretty sure it will.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodvinny43 View Post
    hey guys i have a ws6 6speed and I'm having a problem with my gear box. When I over rev the car, I get a winding going into
    second or third gear....and it won't let me go into gear. Has anyone else had this problem
    Do you mean grinding? probably 2to3 fork.

Thread Information