need price range for rebuild

how much would it cost labor wise to rebild a t56?(new syncronizers, new gears, new fork, rebuild kit)

i am going to pay my friend to rebuild engine when it comes time since heel have his degree to do so, but what are all the parts ill need and work ill need to get doe with prices to get my motor runing like it was starting for the first time?

bump?

flat black
    expensive...the T56 is not a fun trans to rebuild if i had to build someone else id easily charge them $800 for the aggrivation. plus you need to find someone who has already fabricated themselves a special 2 foot long gear puller...

how many miles on the trans, are you seeing any problems that would warrant your thoughts for a rebuild? do you race, or drive spiritedly?
    these are things i ask because my trans has billet strut keys, kevlar blockers and is mildly built all around and i go through trans fluid in about 4k miles just because the trans gets sooo damned hot while racing...i havent found a good pump yet to run a cooler

i wouldnt buy new parts until you know exactly what is wrong with yours... forks rarely bend they do wear out though, syncros wear, but more importantly get rid of those stock 3-4 stamped strut keys pieces of crap, and i recommend replacing your blocker rings with the kevlar blockers....it will make your shifts harsher, this upgrade is not for everyone ive found....also i strongly recommend replacing your trans and torque arm mounts with new poly pieces if you havent already you will see a massive difference

2 places i would look for parts and pricing would be autogear.net they have a parts guide and a seperate price guide in .pdf form. the other place would be rpmtransmissions.com talk to rodney if you can hey has great advice for first timers
    Last edited by lrader99; 03-02-2007 at 06:17 AM.

Thread Information