need to decide on clutch!

This is a discussion on need to decide on clutch! within the Manual Transmission forums, part of the Drivetrain category; So for starters i work at a belle tire and my manager has been good friends with a guy who ...

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

need to decide on clutch!

So for starters i work at a belle tire and my manager has been good friends with a guy who owns a reputable trans shop. Tomorrow im off to see him on all the problems ive been having, including lazy pedal, hard/soft pedal, clutch engaging far up in the pedal travel, etc, etc. Well i just got my tax return and said to hell with it, im replacing everything, more as a preventative thing and so i dont have to pay someone out the ass to play around with it for weeks. i want to drive my car not watch it getting diagnosed. On to the point, about 2 years ago i broke my left foot and noticed recently that when i drive for a long time it starts to bother me. Im basically looking for a clutch that wont chatter everytime i take off, has room for me to grow(stock as of now), and has a relatively close to stock pedal feel. As of this point im open to anything outside of paying for something outrageous like textralia. just something that will last. I have heard good things about spec stage 3 and centerforce dual friction but i will admit to being pretty ignorant on the subject.

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

SPEC 3 will have a little chatter maybe not as much as the Textralia, but the chatter from those 2 clutches really isn't all that bad once you learn how to drive it. As for CenterForce: STAY AWAY FROM IT!!! It is proof that you get what you pay for, a cheap clutch (experience). For you I might would actually recommend a LS7 clutch, GM and actually very cheap. Cheap price on a quality product. I think it requires a shim on the slave cylinder but not quite sure, the shim is inexpensive and may come with the clutch package...you would have to inquire. LS7 will work for you depending on your mods, if you are 450+ RWHP, you might outta really consider dealing with a little clutch chatter and go Textralia, or SPEC, Textralia being my choice.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Well i stopped by work today and talked to a guy who used the spec in his 01 vette that had a maggie and 550 hp so im leaning toward that route but i was also leaning toward the 2+ because it says it keeps a smoother engagement which might help out with my broken foot. Any thoughts on the difference between 2+ and 3?

Thread Information