Mstr cyl failure than slipping clutch?!?!?!

Sorry to ask a help question for my first post...but I have been lurking here for years, So......

Well I've got a rebuilt master cylinder, a new slave cylinder and a new SS braided clutch line, I've adjusted the pedal rod to master so there's almost no play.
    The clutch play feels great.
    But the frikin engine revs up while giving throttle after the clutch is engaged, and the car starts pulling like I'm slipping my clutch. The strange thing is it seems to catch better at high RPM's-is this consistent with clutch failure?
    I'm used to a failing clutch slipping in higher gears or while really laying into the throttle w good traction, not slipping while casually driving and than grabbing better (but not great) when the rpm's climb.
    I'm still having a hard time believing the clutch (ACT HD) would fail at the same time the master puked, there's only about 5k mi on it....
    Any words of wisdom people?
    TIA.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Sounds to me like its an engagement issue with the hydraulics not releasing the clutch all the way.

Where exactly did you adjust the pedal free play?? I don't recall an adjustment - perhaps I just overlooked it. If you adjusted the pedal too tight (no free play) it will ride the clutch, causing the issue you are describing.

Sorry
    I should have mentioned this was an R154-5 spd transmission.
    It has a pedal to master cyl adjustment.
    I'm going to start pulling the trans today, I keep thinking it's a funked throw out bearing because of the way it has better (not good) engagement at higher rpm.
    Thanks for the effort Wesman/Bandit!

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

some people have put the clutch disk on backwards. that would deff cause it. also, how many times did you bleed the new system?

black
    2000 trans am ws6

sorry to get off topic, but i have a stock clutch and a few weeks ago the clutch pedal was just a pedal.. i had to start the car in 1st gear and drive it home in gear at 2am when there was no traffic. i guess its always engaged, but i dont know if its a new clutch i need or something else. anybody have any ideas before i get it towed to a shop??

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 6sw00 View Post
    sorry to get off topic, but i have a stock clutch and a few weeks ago the clutch pedal was just a pedal.. i had to start the car in 1st gear and drive it home in gear at 2am when there was no traffic. i guess its always engaged, but i dont know if its a new clutch i need or something else. anybody have any ideas before i get it towed to a shop??
    fluid? bleed system?

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Pedal dropped to floor and no clutch release?? Sounds like the slave cylinder blew out. Is there any fluid in the clutch reservior??

black
    2000 trans am ws6

is the clutch reservior the small container with a rubber thing inside of it next to the master cyl? if so then yea it was basically empty and kinda dirty.. what does that mean? the master cyl, was clean and filled.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

is the clutch reservior the small container with a rubber thing inside of it next to the master cyl? if so then yea it was basically empty and kinda dirty.. what does that mean? the master cyl, was clean and filled.
    Ya the little one is for the clutch master, the big one Is for the brakes. If you have no fluid, you slave could have just blown out. You could also have a busted line or bad clutch master cylinder (which is a bitch to get to, it's under the brake booster. Check those things out

black
    2000 trans am ws6

yea i got it flat bedded to the shop today. said they will give me a call tomorrow.. hopefully its nothing serious. at least i have an idea of what it could be now.. appreciate the help.. ill keep you updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    some people have put the clutch disk on backwards. that would deff cause it. also, how many times did you bleed the new system?
    The clutch has been in the car for about 8K mi, I bled the hyd sytem until there was no air coming out.
    The clutch pedal is better than it's ever been, I installed SS line and rebuilt the master and put in a new slave, The issue is the clutch slips in modest power application and than seems to grip better when revved higher....I think the clutch is prob just shot (was hoping for a faulty t/o bearing or something like that.)
    Thanks

black
    2000 trans am ws6

where is the slave cyl located?? the mechanic told me he had to drop my transmission to get to the bell housing.

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

No inspection plate? I hate having anyone do stuff just from rip offs that have happen to me. I broke a Z bar (83 TA 305 car) once and the ass said I needed a new clutch so he said he installed a new clutch but when I yanked the trans less than 5 months later because of clutch failure again it was not a new clutch. watch out for retards.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

where is the slave cyl located?? the mechanic told me he had to drop my transmission to get to the bell housing.
    If you pull the tranny you can't bleed the slave. The slave is attached to the tranny. You have to do it while they are together.

<b>"iznuthn"2 a BOSS!</B> IZNUTHN's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ONYX BLACK
    02 Z28

Ready for rebirth

I've had my car garaged for sometime now and I am ready to have it towed to the shop. I'm about to finally get it fixed and I hope it is the same issue replacing the master and slave cylinder.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by IZNUTHN View Post
    I've had my car garaged for sometime now and I am ready to have it towed to the shop. I'm about to finally get it fixed and I hope it is the same issue replacing the master and slave cylinder.
    how much are they charging you?

black
    2000 trans am ws6

finally got the job done... ls7 clutch kit and replaced the slave and master. set me back 1500. cant say i dont love it so far.

Thread Information