Thread: ls7 clutch info

red
    1999z

ls7 clutch info

99 z-28 m6 basically stock
    I need a little help verifiying part numbers of what i need to swap to the ls2 flywheel and ls7 clutch. My clutch pedal is starting to stick when released and from my searches it seems like the slave cylinder should be the culprit. If I am going to replace it i am going to do it all. Could some one please verify the following numbers and parts i have found:

part / GM #
    1 updated slave cylinder / 15046288
    1 updated master cylinder / 12570277
    1 ls2 flywheel / 12571611
    1 ls7 clutch and pressure
    plate kit / 24237690

1 pilot bearing/ haven't found the number yet

anything else I am forgetting? I have priced these parts on gmpartsdirect and have come up with a price of $679.05 does that seem reasonable?
    Sorry about all the questions I just want to make sure i am ordering the right stuff before i do this. Will also do the "drill mod" while i am in there

If you are planning on modding the car like heads/cam or anything like that go with a better clutch. I have got the Spec 3+ and I love it.

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

I also seem to be having the same problem. I am on the same track now.
    I guess the hard part is going to be installing the stuff.

red
    1999z

I have all my ls7 stuff installed. just looking for someone to give me a hand bleeding it and I will be out of the garage at last. I should get that done tommorow. We will see how it is with this upgrade????????

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

How was it?
    Well i mean how long did it take you?

red
    1999z

about 3 hrs for dissassembly and about 4 going back together. It would of went a little faster but I did it by myself. It was quite interesting putting that tranny back up in there off of a floor jack . I took it for a ride tonight and it feels really good. The pedal is low, but from my searches (on this and other forums) that is normal for the first 3-5 hundred miles. Over all it was pretty easy install. I ordered my parts from fredbeansparts. they have it in a kit. The master cylinder comes with braided line and new resivour, it is bench bled but when you do the drill mod you will need to re bench bleed it. I will know more as the mileage builds

The Pulse of the Maggots SicWs6's Avatar

NBM
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 1999z View Post
    about 3 hrs for dissassembly and about 4 going back together. It would of went a little faster but I did it by myself. It was quite interesting putting that tranny back up in there off of a floor jack . I took it for a ride tonight and it feels really good. The pedal is low, but from my searches (on this and other forums) that is normal for the first 3-5 hundred miles. Over all it was pretty easy install. I ordered my parts from fredbeansparts. they have it in a kit. The master cylinder comes with braided line and new resivour, it is bench bled but when you do the drill mod you will need to re bench bleed it. I will know more as the mileage builds
    What is the drill mod?
    "How's your whole...Family?

Visit My Garage!
    http://www.fquick.com/SicWs6

red
    1999z

go to installuniversity.com , go to LSX vehicle , got to install documents , scroll down to transmissions then click "McLeod Master Cylinder and Drill Mod Install"

There is a restrictor in the line btw the master cylinder and the slave cylinder.
    It "cushions the engage/disengage of the clutch" to save driveline parts (according to GM). Pretty easy to do. I haven't had a chance to see how much it helps. I am taking it easy on the new clutch for a while.

Thread Information